Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winch Warn 9.5 TI vs. XRC10 Comp Series

Old 11-21-2009, 10:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch Warn 9.5 TI vs. XRC10 Comp Series

Can the XRC10 Comp Series compare to the 9.5 ti? I know that the ti is a great winch, bu what about the xrc10 comp series? Any regrets?
Old 11-22-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

...bump...

anyone??
Old 11-22-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Kinda like comparing apples to oranges...

Warn is notorious for being...well, a Warn. Pulling power that won't quit
XRC10 Comp Series - Seems to be pretty consistent, many people on here use the XRC8 and XRC10, and have had good things to say. The Comp Series is really nice because of the synthetic line. I had a chance to check one out the other week in action...the synth line is worth every penny, it looks great, is way lighter, and won't rip up your hands if you forget gloves.
At half the price, I plan on getting an XRC10 Comp, maybe even the smaller XRC8 Comp.

Basically, if you plan on winching a lot, Warn is the best choice. They are easy to fix, and reliable.

If you will only use the winch occassionally, go with the XRC10, it should be a great value.

My perfect winch would be a Warn 9.5ti with synth line and aluminum hawse fairlead, for $800 or less. Keep dreaming, right?
Old 11-22-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

If I used a winch often, I would have gotten a Warn, I only use mine every once and a while so I replaced the POS superwinch lp8500 that I had with a smittybilt xrc comp 10. I HAVE USED IT 3 TIMES WITH NO PROBLEMS and it was priced very low, I couldnt be happier.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joneszj
My perfect winch would be a Warn 9.5ti with synth line and aluminum hawse fairlead, for $800 or less. Keep dreaming, right?
That sounds like my winch. I got a 9.5ti that had been used four times with an amsteel blue line and a fairlead for $700. Canadian dollars.

Those deals don't come along all that often though.

Word is that the smittybilt winches are pretty good. But Warn is....well...Warn. When it comes to putting an electric winch on your 4X4, Warn is the standard that everybody else aims to meet.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joneszj
Kinda like comparing apples to oranges...

Warn is notorious for being...well, a Warn. Pulling power that won't quit
XRC10 Comp Series - Seems to be pretty consistent, many people on here use the XRC8 and XRC10, and have had good things to say. The Comp Series is really nice because of the synthetic line. I had a chance to check one out the other week in action...the synth line is worth every penny, it looks great, is way lighter, and won't rip up your hands if you forget gloves.
At half the price, I plan on getting an XRC10 Comp, maybe even the smaller XRC8 Comp.

Basically, if you plan on winching a lot, Warn is the best choice. They are easy to fix, and reliable.

If you will only use the winch occassionally, go with the XRC10, it should be a great value.

I know that they are 2 different kinds of products.. but I'm referring if the XRC10Comp could compare to a 9.5ti in too many aspects... warranty, power, speed, etc...
Old 11-23-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by w squared
That sounds like my winch. I got a 9.5ti that had been used four times with an amsteel blue line and a fairlead for $700. Canadian dollars.

Those deals don't come along all that often though.

Word is that the smittybilt winches are pretty good. But Warn is....well...Warn. When it comes to putting an electric winch on your 4X4, Warn is the standard that everybody else aims to meet.
Well if you're ever looking to unload that winch, you got a buyer right here!
Old 11-24-2009, 12:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be doing that as soon as ummm....

As soon as the winch fairy brings me a 12,000 pound hydraulic winch, a 5.9 liter turbodiesel, and an Eton-Fuller transmission with a PTO and a hydraulic pump.

Oh wait...I'll still need the 9.5ti as a rear-mounted winch.

I guess you can't have itafter all. Sorry
Old 12-04-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm really looking at the Smittybilt XRC-10 Comp-Series Winch right now. Found it for $510 on one site, free shipping (that's with synth line). Hmmmmmmm

Anything else I need to know?

I assume it'll bolt into my Mopar winch-ready bumper.

Is this one decent speed? The 8000 is slow, right?

This will be my first winch. I wheel about 4-6 times per year in my Rubi Unlim. I wheel pretty hard and need to be able to get out of situations like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y365EJRo31A
Old 12-04-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where did you find it for that price? I have just started looking into getting this winch and havent found it that cheap yet.

Quick Reply: Winch Warn 9.5 TI vs. XRC10 Comp Series