Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cost to install basic 2" lift...what are you guys paying?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost to install basic 2" lift...what are you guys paying?

For those of you that are not so mechanically inclined, like myself, what are you paying to have a basic 2" lift kit installed? Teraflex, Rubicon Express, OME, etc...

I've been quoted $200 and $250 respectively here in the Midwest. I'm still trying to find someone who will help me out in their driveway.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not mechanically incline whatsoever, but i did mine myself. I think you should too. YOu can save your $200 for other mods , and learn alot more about your jeep suspension system.... Its a win-win situation if you ask me =)

Just follow Eddie's write up, and you should do just fine.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bim6180
I'm not mechanically incline whatsoever, but i did mine myself. I think you should too. YOu can save your $200 for other mods , and learn alot more about your jeep suspension system.... Its a win-win situation if you ask me =)

Just follow Eddie's write up, and you should do just fine.
I think I'll give it a shot then when it warms up a bit here in Kansas. That is basically the price difference between a budget boost and an OME lift.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I did my first coil spring swap years ago in my gravel driveway at about 11:00 at night. It was snowing lightly and very cold ( and I hate the cold ). I changed the coil springs, shocks, front and rear sway bars, and steering stabilizer. As said above you learn about your vehicle. Just follow the directions, and double check everything to make sure you do it right.

Since that time I've done many. If you were closer I would tell you to come over.

I love getting together with people and doing Jeep stuff.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cost me a case of beer for Little Red RubyJeep
Old 02-22-2008, 06:57 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

As bim6180 said, please, do yourself a favor and install the kit yourself. All you need to do is follow my write-up or ask around in your staging area for some help. If you were in the SoCal area, I would install it for you for FREE. Ultimately, it really is an easy thing to do and the cost of installation will easily pay for whatever tools you might need with change left over. Plus, the experience you will gain simply can't be bought.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

To quote a bumper sticker I have respected and followed for years, "Real jeeps are built, not bought." Unless the job your doing is way beyond your ability, learn how to do it yourself. If its beyond your ability, read up on how to do it (hell, with a forum like this, no one should ever not know how to do anything) call a buddy over, go to AutoZone for any needed tools and get to work early enough in the day in case an unexpected problem arises. There is nothing like drinking a beer in the evening sitting next to your newly lifted jeep, knowing that if someone asks who does your work, you can say "I do it myself"
Old 02-22-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All he wants is to know is what other people have paid for labor to do the job, He's trying to make sure he's not getting screwed. Why cant someone answer his question ?
Old 02-22-2008, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
As bim6180 said, please, do yourself a favor and install the kit yourself. All you need to do is follow my write-up or ask around in your staging area for some help. If you were in the SoCal area, I would install it for you for FREE. Ultimately, it really is an easy thing to do and the cost of installation will easily pay for whatever tools you might need with change left over. Plus, the experience you will gain simply can't be bought.
Agree. This is nothing that you can not do yourself. Write ups are great and it forces you to figure out what goes on down there.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:01 AM
JK Junkie

Took me a lot longer than I anticipated, but I learned a lot and have a much better appreciation for my Jeep now. I'll usually try anything myself first unless it requires welding or programming. One of these days I'll learn how to weld though.

Quick Reply: Cost to install basic 2" lift...what are you guys paying?