Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cost to install basic 2" lift...what are you guys paying?

Old 02-22-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

That's a reasonable price...BUT - I REALLY think people should do their own work within reason....maybe setting gear lashing or welding should be farmed out, etc...if you're not ready for it...but, bolt on mods, well, you learn so much about how your suspension works...what it will look like if it breaks, etc....invaluable info.

Example - If you KNOW what your undercarriage looked like before heading onto the trails....and later you look again after wheeling (Or during - but having a problem...)

If you didn't know what it looked like BEFORE, it will be really hard to see a problem, and say..."Was that like that before?" etc.

Trust me...its worth it to pay yourself for the labor.

Better - join a local club...and do a mod day.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler
I think I'll give it a shot then when it warms up a bit here in Kansas. That is basically the price difference between a budget boost and an OME lift.
Like you said, you can buy an OME with the money you've saved and have an actual suspension upgrade over a budget boost. $200 is a pretty good deal to have someone else do it, but for what it's worth I've never done ANYTHING on a car or truck before and I just installed an OME kit (using WOL's write-up) on my Wrangler X without any issues.

Some people find it rewarding to work on their Jeep, others have better things to do with their free time, so do what suits you best, but I will say that the OME kit is a nice ride AND easy to install. Just my $.02
Old 02-22-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by easttnruby
hell, with a forum like this, no one should ever not know how to do anything.........
amen! this forum is priceless.

i just got my jk on wednesday and i've already done some tinkering that i never would have done without this forum.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:42 PM
JK Freak

WOL--- Im close by

Im being quoted 385 for installation, which includes alignment. I wanted to learn how to do it myself, but Im scared that when I get back on the road...Wobble right into a black and white... lol. I wanted to do the RF 2.5 bb. :*(. Do I need an alignment after the install???
Old 02-22-2008, 01:52 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Conradfreedumb
WOL--- Im close by

Im being quoted 385 for installation, which includes alignment. I wanted to learn how to do it myself, but Im scared that when I get back on the road...Wobble right into a black and white... lol. I wanted to do the RF 2.5 bb. :*(. Do I need an alignment after the install???
Well, how soon do you need to get it on? Can you wait until after Moab? If so, bring your Jeep down to my place and we'll have another lift party
Old 02-22-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Well, how soon do you need to get it on? Can you wait until after Moab? If so, bring your Jeep down to my place and we'll have another lift party

Dude, I would be so appreciative. Yea, Moab in mid March, right? I'll just order my kit now and sleep next to it every night until the party!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:02 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Conradfreedumb

Dude, I would be so appreciative. Yea, Moab in mid March, right? I'll just order my kit now and sleep next to it every night until the party!
Cool - we have lift parties at my place all the time and those who've come in the past will tell you that you'll not only get your lift installed, but you'll have a great time as well
Old 02-23-2008, 01:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I aggree with everyone else, it's very easy to do it yourself. However, if you don't have alot of extra time and you're impatient as I am. Let someone else do it. I did. My shop ordered my wheels and tires at their cost for me so I felt compelled to let them do the lift. 2" rubicon express bb with shocks installed for $120.00. They lifted it while I took my wheels and tires to be mounted and balanced. 2 hours and I was on the road. I know I could do it, I've had previous jeeps I've modded, but I'm at a time in life when my time is valuable.

Quick Reply: Cost to install basic 2" lift...what are you guys paying?