Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cummins 4BT in a JK ?????????

Old 01-11-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cummins 4BT in a JK ?????????

I did some searching and could only find the 4BT in a TJ and a CJ etc.... Anyone know of a transplant done yet . Is it possible ???? That would be nice to have a 4 door JK with a 4BT .
Old 01-11-2009, 11:28 AM
JK Junkie

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/featur..._jk/index.html
Old 01-11-2009, 11:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Aaron and I were discussing this on the drive yesterday... well... sort of. We were discussing a 4BT in a rock buggy. The challenge is that it is a tall engine and would likely hang low so that it gets beat around by rocks.

I have been considering coming up with a diesel jeep project, but it is something I will probably mull around for a long time and it probably won't be on a JK frame.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is the 4BT still in production? If not, then the swap wouldn't be legal. You'd need to get at least the same year engine as your Jeep, and to my knowledge, the 4BT went out of production years ago. I certainly could be mistaken. I kinda hope I am....I'd like to see this done.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That doesnt count, its a truck FRAME and ENGINE under a JK body. That thing is as much a JK as the Hummer H2.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

The Cummins 4BT has been out of production for a while. This is mechanical fuel injection engine that will not pass any current emissions. I must question why you would want to use this engine in a JK? This engine is heavy and very noisy. If anything, I would find a 3.0 diesel that is currently available in the Grand Cherokee. The worst part would be intergrating the electronics of the engine to the JK.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

expensive... yes sweetass... definately

Quick Reply: Cummins 4BT in a JK ?????????