Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cutting Off the ends of the front Bumper

Old 01-27-2007, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey HighcountryJK! Are you willing to cut your rear bumper too. Id love to see it. It does not have a metal backing and can be shortened even more.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Mine is still good in the rear, maybe CLACKEY573 could since his is mashed a bit.

I really want to give that honor up, Im sure someone else is dieing to take a chainsaw to their new JK, I can't have all the fun!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I say cut it more all the way to the extensions where the bumper juts out. And cut the part of the flares where it lowers back down too. I still say you can run bigger tires than what people are running now with some well placed trimming.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stacey
Rear ended? Damn... New vehicle damage must suck!
Not so much. I already had damaged on both bumpers wheelin. I wanted to replace them. As soon as I got hit my first thought was "oh ya my new bumpers are paid for!"
Old 01-28-2007, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HighCountryJK
Mine is still good in the rear, maybe CLACKEY573 could since his is mashed a bit.

I really want to give that honor up, Im sure someone else is dieing to take a chainsaw to their new JK, I can't have all the fun!!!
When I get my new PJ's Ill cut my old one and post it. Feb........

where do you want it cut at????
Old 01-28-2007, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you could cut the rear so that the endge of the bumper lines up with the inside of each rear tire that would be great. Gives us a chance to let those expensive new tires be seen. If all goes well for you I plan on doing this to my yet undamaged bumpers. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2007, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepinoutwest
If you could cut the rear so that the endge of the bumper lines up with the inside of each rear tire that would be great. Gives us a chance to let those expensive new tires be seen. If all goes well for you I plan on doing this to my yet undamaged bumpers. Thanks!
That would be the place, but i just crawled under mine and the bumper is bolted on out near the outside edges and two in the center. I would cut just on the inside of where the bumper gets larger around the corner.

Last edited by HighCountryJK; 01-28-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

You are correct, there is a structure bracket on each side that can just be unbolted i believe, then you would be free to cut. I drew a line on your jeep as to where I think would look best. See attachment.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rearbumper.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	629  
Old 01-29-2007, 09:51 PM
JK Junkie

No problem, but I'm not cutting it until I get my new bumpers. So if your in a hurry everyione email Pure Jeep and tell them to send me my bumpers ASAP!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

No hurry. Sincerely your efforts are much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Cutting Off the ends of the front Bumper