Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cutting Stock Flares

Old 04-28-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutting Stock Flares

I'll be planning to cut mine this weekend.

Has anyone cut them without taking the inner lining out first? Honestly it seems like it would be easier if I trimmed them on the vehicle just the way they are.

Should I buy extra clips ahead of time, anticipating that I'll break a few doing this?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:29 AM
MTH
JK Enthusiast

Make sure you check out this write-up.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

I started this process this week and pulled the inner liners out as the beginning. It took about 45 min to pull both front liners and reinforcement skeletons. I didnt break any of the christmas tree plugs and was able to reuse them. I would recommend doing it this way, all I have to do now is trim the fenders tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

I would not cut the fenders on the Jeep with the core and the liner. Everything is packed in there so tightly youll cut everything else inside.

Its very easy to remove the front fenders. Just unbolt the 5 bolts for the core, then unplug the turn signal. Next pull up on the fender to get it to slid up and out of the fender clips. If you do it this way you can save all of your fender clips.

Quick Reply: Cutting Stock Flares