Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dana | Dynatrac | Currie | Fusion

Old 07-11-2018, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dana | Dynatrac | Currie | Fusion

I am looking to pull the trigger on a set of 60s in the coming weeks. I have done as much looking as I could and have obviously looked at the:

Dana Spicer UD60s package
Dynatrac Hard Core 60 package
Currie VXR60s package
Fusion 60 package

i need some general help on what you would believe is the best option and quality. I’m just undecided which way I should go with some do the parts being better than other is some places and not in otheres...I’ve just gone cross eyed! My PR44u and 37s will be sold.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I use pro rock 60 front 80 rear. If I were to buy axles again Fusion kingpin 60 would likely be my order. Nates installing a set on an LJ build. They build a nice axle and you don't have to wait 3-5 months to get them. I just get tired of venders that take your money and then push you back over and over while you are waiting for the product. The last custom housing took 20 weeks for me to get. Yes housing only with inner shafts. No brackets or gears. Nate had an order for a build just before I ordered my housing and it took 18 weeks for that set to show up. The Dana axles are fine if you want them the way they are set up otherwise you are cutting and grinding on a brand new axle. You can also get them quick. You can also get some currie models from genright who is keeping them in stock.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I use pro rock 60 front 80 rear. If I were to buy axles again Fusion kingpin 60 would likely be my order. Nates installing a set on an LJ build. They build a nice axle and you don't have to wait 3-5 months to get them. I just get tired of venders that take your money and then push you back over and over while you are waiting for the product. The last custom housing took 20 weeks for me to get. Yes housing only with inner shafts. No brackets or gears. Nate had an order for a build just before I ordered my housing and it took 18 weeks for that set to show up. The Dana axles are fine if you want them the way they are set up otherwise you are cutting and grinding on a brand new axle. You can also get them quick. You can also get some currie models from genright who is keeping them in stock.
i have read up on fusion and do like the king pin option. No Ball joints sounds like a very nice thing!!!! Lol
Old 07-12-2018, 08:46 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

devwil68 -- There are a lot of good options for 60-class axles these days. Our Hard Core 60 package is the best value offered today. We recently upgraded the front axle in this package to a ProRock 62. The ProRock 62 uses a variation of our XD60 center, giving it increased rigidity for better durability and longer gear life. Often when gears fail, it is deflection in the housing that causes the failure, and the way to guard against that is more rigidity in this core part of the axle housing. The nodular iron diff cover included with the ProRock 62 also adds structure and strength to the housing, and the cover is attached with 7/16-in bolts because it functions as additional structure. The axle also comes with our US-made, rebuildable HD balljoints.

Many people look at our Hard Core 60 package because of the low cost, but you owe it to yourself to also consider our Hard Core Plus package which comes with a ProRock XD60 front and rear. This upgrades the front axle to include our 1550LT wheel ends. These wheel ends offer several advantages for steering. First, they enable the tightest turning available, significantly improving the turning radius of a JKU. We also improved the Ackerman angle to reduce scrub -- what that means is there is less stress on the entire steering system. The XD60 axles provide the best ground clearance thanks to our patented ProRock design. When it comes to reduced area under the axle centerline, no one offers more ground clearance. The rear axle in this package is a standard-cut, full-float for maximum strength. The front axle includes DynaLoc locking hubs which are 3 times stronger than any other hub on the market.

Let us know if you have questions. Thanks, and good luck with your Jeep build!
Old 07-12-2018, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by devwil68

i have read up on fusion and do like the king pin option. No Ball joints sounds like a very nice thing!!!! Lol
can you comment as to the quality of the 62 housing and axle compared to a king pin setup with the fusion 60 and well as the larger 8x6.5 wheel ends and bearings? Or, is it just Apples and oranges?

Last edited by devwil68; 07-12-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:37 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

can you comment as to the quality of the 62 housing and axle compared to a king pin setup with the fusion 60 and well as the larger 8x6.5 wheel ends and bearings? Or, is it just Apples and oranges?
We don't want to comment negatively on any competitor. We can say with confidence, though, that no one else has the strength and features engineered into a 60-class axle that the ProRock 62 has. We went back to the drawing board when we did the XD60 (which the ProRock 62 shares many of the center-section features of). The only thing we wanted to keep was the use of commonly available differentials, ring-and-pinion gears, bearings and seals. We engineered significantly more strength into the design to minimize shift and deflection under stress.

The ProRock 62 in the Hard Core axle set has our Pro60 wheel ends and HD balljoints. Decades ago, we built our Pro 60 axles with kingpins, but we changed the Pro60 design with our HD balljoints. We've engineered and built axles for 30 years -- continually innovating the product line along the way -- and we believe that this is the better way to go. Also, our Hard Core ProRock XD62 comes with Warn Premium locking hubs. We rarely see issues or acclerated wear with any of these components unless someone is using them in an application they were never meant for.

Hope this helps -- let us know if you have more questions!
The following 2 users liked this post by Dynatrac:
jedg (07-12-2018), jordy (07-12-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
We don't want to comment negatively on any competitor. We can say with confidence, though, that no one else has the strength and features engineered into a 60-class axle that the ProRock 62 has. We went back to the drawing board when we did the XD60 (which the ProRock 62 shares many of the center-section features of). The only thing we wanted to keep was the use of commonly available differentials, ring-and-pinion gears, bearings and seals. We engineered significantly more strength into the design to minimize shift and deflection under stress.

The ProRock 62 in the Hard Core axle set has our Pro60 wheel ends and HD balljoints. Decades ago, we built our Pro 60 axles with kingpins, but we changed the Pro60 design with our HD balljoints. We've engineered and built axles for 30 years -- continually innovating the product line along the way -- and we believe that this is the better way to go. Also, our Hard Core ProRock XD62 comes with Warn Premium locking hubs. We rarely see issues or acclerated wear with any of these components unless someone is using them in an application they were never meant for.

Hope this helps -- let us know if you have more questions!
I can appreciate your comments to not be negative...I like keeping that stuff off here.

After looking into this setup, the graphics on the website are showing 2 different bolt pattern configurations with be 62/60 package. The front and rear don’t come with 8x6.5?
Old 07-13-2018, 02:40 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

I can appreciate your comments to not be negative...I like keeping that stuff off here.

After looking into this setup, the graphics on the website are showing 2 different bolt pattern configurations with be 62/60 package. The front and rear don’t come with 8x6.5?
Sorry for that confusion. We have not updated the product photo. This axle set has 8 on 6.5 inch wheel bolt pattern front and rear. For that matter, the Hard Core, Hard Core Plus and Elite axle sets all have the 8 on 6.5 bolt pattern.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Sorry for that confusion. We have not updated the product photo. This axle set has 8 on 6.5 inch wheel bolt pattern front and rear. For that matter, the Hard Core, Hard Core Plus and Elite axle sets all have the 8 on 6.5 bolt pattern.
very nice! Really appreciate your thoughts and comments! Looking more promising for me and this setup. If I pull the trigger. I just hope it doesn’t take long to get it, 6-8 is long enough!
Old 07-13-2018, 04:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

very nice! Really appreciate your thoughts and comments! Looking more promising for me and this setup. If I pull the trigger. I just hope it doesn’t take long to get it, 6-8 is long enough!
No problem! Definitely call us to place the order and ask what current lead time is. It goes up and down throughout the year. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Dana | Dynatrac | Currie | Fusion