Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dana 30 Locker

Old 12-10-2007, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEEJ
Did you do a write-up? (didn't see one...)

And, do you have guidamce on that?

I clicked on Northridge's JK section, and they didn't list any lockers but ARB...

I've seen some evidence that makes me think that dana 30's changed from 06, 07 and 08....like the carriers?

I have a 3.73 for example, and that's a traditional cut point on carriers....etc.

So - any thoughts, wisdom, hands on with it?

I've seen EZ lockers, and so forth (Lunch Box lockers,,,) this sounds similar.

Is this a Torsen type BTW? The description is vague, but similar.
I installed a TJ D30 aussie in my JK. The carrier is the same. You can even install a Detroit from a TJ. I have already talked to the Detroit rep to confirm this. Go to the link I posted and you can learn everything you want about the aussie.. I did not do a write up because there are numerous out there for other vehicles. Why recreate the wheel.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:42 PM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup! D30 is still the same on JK as it was on TJ. Install is easy, so long as you take your time. Search around, and there are PLENTY of write-ups. Can be done with the carrier in or out of the axle, though it's trickier in the axle.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE][Last edited by Robar : Today at 12:20 PM. Reason: Please dont post direct non sponsor links./QUOTE]

When is this site going to stop be stupid and allow information to be posted. My link was not advertising a sale, just info on a product that isn't available on sponsors websites.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...od=AL-XD-13027

Here is the link
Old 12-10-2007, 01:07 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=IGOFSHN;259919]
[Last edited by Robar : Today at 12:20 PM. Reason: Please dont post direct non sponsor links./QUOTE]

When is this site going to stop be stupid and allow information to be posted. My link was not advertising a sale, just info on a product that isn't available on sponsors websites.
That's funny, exactly what information was not allowed to be posted?

BTW - from paragraph 1 in the rules you agreed to when signing up:

I understand that JK-Forum.com is a sponsor supported website and while the open discussion of all products being manufactured or services being offered for the Jeep JK Wrangler is encouraged, I will refrain from posting contact information such as phone numbers, email addresses or direct links back to manufacturers or vendors (including eBay Store links or competing forums) unless they are a sponsor of JK-Forum.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board. I understand that JK-Forum.com has a responsibility to their supporting sponsors and any posts containing such information will be edited or deleted accordingly.

Since you missed it, your posted was not deleted (just edited so that your link was not clickable) and all that was being asked of you was to not post a direct link to non-sponsoring manufacturers (i.e. not clickable - leave out the "www." part). Again, these rules were clearly outlined for you when you signed up and it was something you had to agree to in order to become a member. And, if you've now decided that they aren't something you are willing to abide by or if you don't like the way we do things here, let me assure you that nothing is stopping you from leaving.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:39 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Back on topic, here is a link for a write-up that I did on my TJ - basically the same thing on a JK.

http://www.4x4xplor.com/aussielocker.html

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-10-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

So for those of you that have used the Aussie locker. do you have problems on pavment with turning. I have had one in the past and I always had problems turning on pavment. and I also had trouble if one wheel comes off the ground then I always lost the lock, and the off ground tire just spins??

do any of you have these problems??
Old 12-10-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

Eaton also makes a 30 spline E-Locker for the Dana 30. This would be a nice upgrade without having to change the axle housing. Same with ARB. I have read where people have said that an HP D30 has similar strenght to a LP D44. Should be plenty of strenght for 35" tires.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by G Timmy
So for those of you that have used the Aussie locker. do you have problems on pavment with turning. I have had one in the past and I always had problems turning on pavment. and I also had trouble if one wheel comes off the ground then I always lost the lock, and the off ground tire just spins??

do any of you have these problems??
The only time I notice it on pavement is when i make a very tight turn at very slow speeds. Since the JK axle turns all the time, the locker will make noise but this is normal.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Hmmmm...the JK D30 turns all the time....and the Aussie site says not to use the front locker on axles that turn all the time if icy conditions might occur.

Should I assume that's lawyer speak, or is it a handful in slick conditions considering it is still on in rwd, etc?

We've swapped on manual hubs on rigs to avoid this issue before...any chance on the JK, or is it really because of the shaft always turning in the diff, etc?

Quick Reply: Dana 30 Locker