Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Decided on Lift and just need tire help

Old 03-02-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Decided on Lift and just need tire help

After much reading and thinking to the point of it hurting, I have decided to go with a 2.5 Teraflex BB with Coils for my 08 Sahara. I think this is the best option for me to run 35's and not have to worry about doing a lot of other upgrades. Now that I have settled on this route, Im trying to decide upon tires. If money were not an issue at the moment, I would love to go with Pro Comp 8179 wheels and then mount some 35's on them. But, I may have to wait on that aspect of my build. Instead, I'd like to retain my stock Sahara rims and just mount 35's on them. Ive read a lot of posts on this but not entirely understanding the tire sizes and backspacing. If anyone can recommend a setup that would work with my Sahara rims I would appreciate it....if you have them yourself with 35's and can share a photo that's even better.

Finally, I have to give a big thumbs up to Joe of Teraflex and Dave at Northridge for their help in answering my lift questions via email.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are going to need to get 1.5" wheel spacers to create the proper B.S. to run 35's on your Sahara rims. They will push the wheel out enough so you don't rub. This will run you $200 for 4 at Northridge.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

keep in mind the OEM sahara wheels are 18s and tires run almost $100 more per tire for that size..... run the numbers on both you might be suprised.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your welcome!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys. $100 more per tire for the sahara rims? I didnt realize this. Going to run the numbers and see where we land. Any recommendations on 35's I should look at? i do about 50 miles RT per day for work.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by bubbad323
Thanks guys. $100 more per tire for the sahara rims? I didnt realize this. Going to run the numbers and see where we land. Any recommendations on 35's I should look at? i do about 50 miles RT per day for work.
18s cost more for sure. I could have bought 16" wheels and tires cheaper than just tires for my 18s!!! My g/f loves the big blingy wheels though, so I kept them for her. For now. No way in hell I would pay that much to put them on factory wheels. I would either get some 16s, or some 17" rubicons with spacers if I really wanted the factory look. I would just get some 16's though.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I have run BFG MTs on everything and I love them. I am going BFG KM2s next

Quick Reply: Decided on Lift and just need tire help