Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

DISCUSS: Atlas4 : Special JK 2.0: Ratio Build (#Atlas-4sp-JK20)

Old 02-03-2014, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DISCUSS: Atlas4 : Special JK 2.0: Ratio Build (#Atlas-4sp-JK20)

Looks like Advanced came out with a new Atlas with special pricing for the JK.

Here's a link.... please discuss what you think about it. Pricing is about 3100 list.

Atlas 4 Speed Transfer Case- JK 2.0:1 Special

Atlas 4 Speed Transfer Case:

This custom pre configuration is for Jeep Wrangler JK's. This configuration works with 2007 to current JK Wranglers equipped with manual transmissions & 2007 to 2011 JK Wrangler equipped with automatic transmissions. This configuration will provide the follow gear ratio options:

1:1
2.0:1
2.72:1
5.44:1
This pre configuration includes:

Atlas 4 Speed Transfer Case
Choice of Yokes
Cable Shifter Kit
Electronic Control Module
Old 02-03-2014, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems kind of odd to me. Do I need two ratios close together in the np205/np231 range, and a super low well beyond the Rubi case?

I can't imagine a situation where I'm going to want a multi speed T-case. But then I can manually shift my 5speed auto, so I can run 5th gear in 4 lo to get a little speed. Maybe that's what it's about, 4 speed slush box guys? Even so, seems unnecessary.

Unless you have a reason to row gears in your t-case?
Old 02-03-2014, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

The 4:1 isn't always optimal... a 2ish range is very nice to have for higher speed wheeling. Then you have the ability to disconnect, which is the primary reason for going with one of these boxes.

I posed the question because this case is a bit less than their standard four speed and was wondering what folks thought about it's configuration. I'll be getting a new t-case soon.... just weighing out the options.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:12 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Thats what I paid for my 3.8 4 speed. Not sure why I would want a 2.0 unless I had an high hp motor and then why not just use 2.72? I guess more choices is a good thing and someone might want to run this that races or something.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:32 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ABENDX
The 4:1 isn't always optimal... a 2ish range is very nice to have for higher speed wheeling. Then you have the ability to disconnect, which is the primary reason for going with one of these boxes.

I posed the question because this case is a bit less than their standard four speed and was wondering what folks thought about it's configuration. I'll be getting a new t-case soon.... just weighing out the options.
i agree with the 2 ish range. For me the 4:1 rubi has been plenty so far in the rocks and i doubt ill upgrade anytime soon. Everytime i play in the sand though i wish i had a 2. something as mine will bog down pretty easy. If i go to 4low and cant get enough speed for some taller dunes. I have debated the teraflex 2 low, but feel i dont use it enough to be worth it. Id rather wait and possibly get something similar to this. but i am by no means an expert in tcases....
Old 02-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ability to do a front dig

Ability do to desert in 2.0:1

Ability to do sand or snow in 2.72:1

For rock crawling, 5.44:1 may be more than would be needed for a 6 speed, but it would be helpful with a 42RLE automatic.

With 5.38 gears, the crawl ratio for a 07-11 6 speed with the 4.46:1 first gear and the 4:1 Rubi transfer case is 96:1. With 5.44:1, the ratio would be 130:1--too low for many people, and 2nd gear would only be 77:1. I really like my 96:1 in my Rubi 6 speed. Maybe on a few of the obstacles on Arrowhead in Sand Hollow I'd appreciate 130:1--or if I had 44s instead of 40s.

With 5.38 gears, the crawl ratio for a 42RLE with the 2.84:1 first gear and the 4:1 Rubi TC is 61:1. With the 42RLE and 5.44:1 would be 83:1.

I recall DesertDog saying that the something like 160:1 using a RubiCrawler was too much torque and twisted axle shafts like pretzels before he knew what had happened.

Quick Reply: DISCUSS: Atlas4 : Special JK 2.0: Ratio Build (#Atlas-4sp-JK20)