Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do all brand sway bar quick disconnects rattle and click over every bump?

Old 10-22-2007, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do all brand sway bar quick disconnects rattle and click over every bump?

I haven't been driving my '08 JK much but the weather is finally cooling off so I popped the doors and top and took it for a spin. I kept hearing this rattle noise every time the the suspension moved at all and believe I've isolated it to the quick discos. The ones that came with the Full Traction Ultimate lift have too much play in them so they rattle every time one tire goes up or down. Rocking the car back and forth you can really hear it and actually see the tube move up and down within the upper and lower link points.

I was curious if anyone else had this problem and if there is a fix or if another manufacturer makes ones that aren't so loud. Will it hurt anything to just disconnect them and leave them that way since most of my driving is around town, off road or on the beaches anyway?

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have them yet for my JK, but on my TJ I ran JKS Quick Disconnects and they never made a sound.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:44 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The FT quick disconnects are basic disco that are far from stellar. If you have a Rubicon, you don't even need them installed and if you have an X or Sahara, I'd ditch them for something like a set of TeraFlex or JKS discos.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, the JKS is silent on mine.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I noticed the same issue with the Full Traction discos, along with the not so easy to disconnect issue... I went with the JKS quicker disconnects and haven't looked back....
Old 10-23-2007, 07:19 AM
JK Super Freak

I Can Hear My Skyjacker Ones
Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

I have heard nothing prominent from the Superlift brand....but they are not easy to connect or disconnect either!!
Old 10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

How much would it cost to get rid of my rubi electro-disconnect kit, and replace it with a regular sway bar with some JKS quick discos? Is there any market for selling the Rubi kit? Can I lift it later without too much trouble, or should I attempt this after I lift it?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
How much would it cost to get rid of my rubi electro-disconnect kit, and replace it with a regular sway bar with some JKS quick discos? Is there any market for selling the Rubi kit? Can I lift it later without too much trouble, or should I attempt this after I lift it?
Ummm, are you kidding me??? Considering the fact the Rubi e-disco costs over $1000 just for the parts, I'm sure people will pay you to take it off your hands. Honestly, is there a reason why you want to get rid of it because I have to say that I love mine and wouldn't want to get rid of it for any manual discos.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

TeraFlex discos here and not a bit of noise in 9000 miles

Quick Reply: Do all brand sway bar quick disconnects rattle and click over every bump?