Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do all brand sway bar quick disconnects rattle and click over every bump?

Old 10-23-2007, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys! So it sounds like the JKS are well worth the upgrade. Where is the best place to buy them?

Regarding the Rubicon E discos, at the time I ordered my Sahara it didn't sound like something I'd use but given the option again I'd buy them for sure. Regardless, the few times I was on some decent trails in Sedona I was amazed at what I was able to do without ever disconnecting the sway bar!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm ordering some JKS quicker disconnects but won't be able to pick them up until I go back to the States. In the mean time, up to what speed is it ok to drive around with the anti-sway bar disconnected? Since I'm in a resort town I rarely ever go above 30 mph so am I safe to just leave them disconnected for now or could that cause poor handling or faster tire wear? Thanks!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

my homemade discos click
Old 10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

Teraflex have been great. no noise, just have to make sure the jeep is sitting flat side to side to reconnect.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by red7
I'm ordering some JKS quicker disconnects but won't be able to pick them up until I go back to the States. In the mean time, up to what speed is it ok to drive around with the anti-sway bar disconnected? Since I'm in a resort town I rarely ever go above 30 mph so am I safe to just leave them disconnected for now or could that cause poor handling or faster tire wear? Thanks!

I drove home over 4 hours at highway speeds with the sway bar disconnected, but not advised! It is not good in sudden braking or manuevering situations. I took care to not follow too closely to anybody until I got home.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VBS4
TeraFlex discos here and not a bit of noise in 9000 miles
Ditto...12K on mine...
Old 10-26-2007, 03:53 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Rescue X
Ditto...12K on mine...
Where did you get your Teraflex disco's, Jeff? Anyplace local? I was thinking of installing a set before that Disney run.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
How much would it cost to get rid of my rubi electro-disconnect kit, and replace it with a regular sway bar with some JKS quick discos? Is there any market for selling the Rubi kit? Can I lift it later without too much trouble, or should I attempt this after I lift it?
If you do yank it. I will buy it
Old 10-26-2007, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Ummm, are you kidding me??? Considering the fact the Rubi e-disco costs over $1000 just for the parts, I'm sure people will pay you to take it off your hands. Honestly, is there a reason why you want to get rid of it because I have to say that I love mine and wouldn't want to get rid of it for any manual discos.
I have read, on this forum, that some people with Rubi's are bending their sway bar links when unlocked and turning at full flex. Dont know if this is true. But if so, it might be worth considering manual discos.

Your thoughts?

Quick Reply: Do all brand sway bar quick disconnects rattle and click over every bump?