Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drag link bar and trackbar alignment help

Old 10-26-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
I replied to fast to your post to really be more beneficial.... On top of highly looking into a flip kit, I would also see what aftermarket ball joints are out there, assuming yours are bad. My ball joints were toast and that was the main culprit to my wheel wobble problem, which would sometimes lead to death wobble. And, if you feel you do not have the mechanical skills and/or patience to install ball joints, do not pay more than $350 for a shop to install all four! Desert Rat 4x4 in AZ, that was there price. I ended up doing the install myself though. 12 hours but well worth it for my first time.

Good Luck!
Nope, original ball joints checked ok. Its got to be the angles of my draglink and trackbar. Everything else is good
Old 10-26-2011, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I got my jeep back and toon some pics. You can see that they arnt parallel at all. The trackbar needs to be raised on the axel side and lowered on the frame side. And the draglink flipover would be a bonus, not sure how that helps. I think the EVO kit would be the best.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3661616278.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	228709   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3766370873.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	228712  
Old 10-26-2011, 02:02 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Can't tell from looking at the bent bars from the side.

Take a pic from straight on like in the vid, mark the mounting holes and connect them.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Can't tell from looking at the bent bars from the side.

Take a pic from straight on like in the vid, mark the mounting holes and connect them.
I can't! I tried to take one straight on but the picture isn't panoramic enough to get it all and the bumper is in the way for me to stand back. I just ordered the EVO draglink flip kit with trackbar relo brackets. Not bad for $300.

- you can see that the bars arnt parallel. With out a stabilizer(one in picture is blown) the jeep is just about un-driveable with the amount of bumpsteer I get, only when I hit bumps tho. I hope that EVO kit fixes it.

Last edited by 07 JK "bullfrog"; 10-26-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

#1600440 Flip Drag Link Kit that was designed for that 4" kit. Looks like you have a Gen1 TeraFlex Trackbar. I wonder really consider upgrading that also to the newer style that TeraFlex offers. I can get you a exchange credit here for it. Pm me if your interested.

Quick Reply: Drag link bar and trackbar alignment help