Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Draglink question

Old 04-19-2014, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Draglink question

the whole adjust draglink to center steering after a lift. Things is- after upgrade my 2.5" BB to a 3.5" coil I still didn't need to do it. It was center. However, today I put on a front track bar bracket, and now the wheel is sideways and the traction control all out of whack. We adjusted the draglink and it's a solid driver again. Now I'm worried I should get another alignment just to be safe. Anybody now why this would have happened just by adjusting the track bar position? Seems odd thanks
Old 04-19-2014, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Lift mostly affects your caster angle: how your axles are angled and properly aligned with the driveshafts to transfer case. That's what your control arms will fix.

Trackbar adjustments are going to push your vehicle to the left or right; thus, your steering wheel is going to move left or right. Once you adjust the track bar so an equal amount of your front tires are in/out of the fender flare, you then need to test drive the JK and adjust your steering wheel. Just be sure to torque everything down properly.

Really no need for an alignment shop. Yet, it's always never a bad thing. Cost what? About $50-$60 for an alignment? Might be worth it, but again it's not necessary.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I alway got alignments on my old vehicle just in case. I would much rather spend $50 than the price of new tires.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes- worried about my mickeys! Brand new-
Old 04-19-2014, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevo1371
Yes- worried about my mickeys! Brand new-
Better safe than sorry. Last time i brought my old rig to a shop i just asked if they could do an alignment check for me. They gave me the printout of the specs and told me i was good to go. But if it needed it done they would put that alignment check towards the actual alignment price.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:46 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Call around and find a place that does free alignment checks. If nothing needs to be changed, why pay for it...

Quick Reply: Draglink question