Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Driveshaft

Old 02-28-2012, 12:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft

Hey guys after having lifted my jeep with the aev 3.5 lift my driveshaft is finally giving in. What is the cheapest best driveshaft available for a 2008 4 door jk?
Old 02-28-2012, 03:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put a JE REEL on mine and love it. Very nice quality. Not sure it is cheapest but also remember. You get what you pay for in quality.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:13 AM
JK Junkie

Coast driveshafts are pretty reasonable. Check Dave from Northridge 4x4, he can help with that...
Old 02-28-2012, 03:21 AM
JK Freak

You are going to want shafts that offer replacement yokes at both ends.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:34 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesteeljeep
Hey guys after having lifted my jeep with the aev 3.5 lift my driveshaft is finally giving in. What is the cheapest best driveshaft available for a 2008 4 door jk?
so long as you make sure that the drive shaft comes with quality u-joints such as spicer or neapco, you should be doing pretty good. a lot of folks like coast shafts as they are priced well and come with spicer u-joints without having to add them as an upgrade. je reels are nice too as they come with made in the usa neapco u-joints. i've run both and would recommend both. for a 1310 shaft, you should expect to pay about $450.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
so long as you make sure that the drive shaft comes with quality u-joints such as spicer or neapco, you should be doing pretty good. a lot of folks like coast shafts as they are priced well and come with spicer u-joints without having to add them as an upgrade. je reels are nice too as they come with made in the usa neapco u-joints. i've run both and would recommend both. for a 1310 shaft, you should expect to pay about $450.
X2 on that. I am going to go with the Coast setup from David at Northridge. I spoke with Coast directly and they do a ton of DS a year with Northridge. Plus Coast called be back in about 10 minutes on some questions I had (customer service). I have to think between Northridge and Coast I could get any potential product problems addressed quickly.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 AM
JK Junkie

JE REEL...... that is all.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft