Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Driveshaft Broke Again!!

Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLICKWILL
slippery roads??? it says nothing about regular roads with rain rain makes things wet and slippery dosn't it

thanks for finding it for me
That sucks will, I'd push the dealer a little and see if they cave.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

slippery roads??? it says nothing about regular roads with rain rain makes things wet and slippery dosn't it

thanks for finding it for me

No, i couldnt find where it said rain was slippery, but on the plus side for you, i couldnt find where it DIDNT say not to do it in the rain either. it does specifically say not to do it on dry. (nowhere that i found quickly did it say not do it on wet)

So you might be able to use that if they give you a hard time. maybe.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good call Happy. You definitely have a case there. The manual specifically says not to drive it on "dry" surfaces. Last time I checked, the road was wet when it rained.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

i dont understand why you were in 4hi on the pavement when raining anyway. what good is 4wheel drive going to do....nothing, its there to keep you moving not help stop you, or keep you from slidding. if you start to slide, 4hi isnt going to help you at all, unless you know how to feather the gas to bring you back, but thats pretty hard. even then, whats the point....i dont understand how poeple can own 4x4s and not know this....even if you dont break a drive shaft, you are putting serious strain on the ball joints etc...its just going to wear them out.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bofer84
i dont understand why you were in 4hi on the pavement when raining anyway. what good is 4wheel drive going to do....nothing, its there to keep you moving not help stop you, or keep you from slidding. if you start to slide, 4hi isnt going to help you at all, unless you know how to feather the gas to bring you back, but thats pretty hard. even then, whats the point....i dont understand how poeple can own 4x4s and not know this....even if you dont break a drive shaft, you are putting serious strain on the ball joints etc...its just going to wear them out.
yes... i think he understand this now...no need to kick somebody who's already down
Old 05-15-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default word

its your own fault.... unless your tires are SHOT you do not need 4WD in the RAIN... how poor of a driver are you? I can do Blue3s off road in 2WD!.

That being said; unless 'slippery' is defined exactly, then the term is meaningless.

In any case; I would be hard pressed to force the dealer to replace something you broke...

Larger tires = more traction = more force on the driveline... :(

My old TJ on RT/S tires (completely worthless tires) would NEED 4WD in the rain to hold turns...

my MT/Rs hold on like trying to dump your first girlfriend...
Old 05-15-2007, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Keep in mind...95% (exactly...I checked ), of the cars on the road drive just fine in the rain and don't have any 4x4 propulsion. (all wheel drive is different).

Last edited by .45Hardboil; 05-15-2007 at 11:54 AM. Reason: to make more sense
Old 05-15-2007, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hate to say it, but your tires are way too large for the Dana 30 axle in your front end. You'll continue to have problems with those tires on, and especially if you do any serious wheelin....
Old 05-15-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

great so im pretty much just a moran:sad:

Sorry man but you pretty much summed it up right there..........

Also by reading what you described as to what broke you don't know the difference between a driveshaft and an axle shaft. Thinking maybe a Jeep 101 course might be what you need.

Last edited by onsafari; 05-15-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onsafari
Sorry man but you pretty much summed it up right there..........

Also by reading what you described as to what broke you don't know the difference between a driveshaft and an axle shaft. Thinking maybe a Jeep 101 course might be what you need.
He sure did. (for those of you who didn't catch it, he misspelled "moron")

Quick Reply: Driveshaft Broke Again!!