Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dumb question: Teraflex 2.5 BB and wheels spacers

Old 12-11-2007, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb question: Teraflex 2.5 BB and wheels spacers

After a Teraflex 2.5 BB install. Do I need to get wheel spacers if I have the stock Sahara SRA 17” wheels and tires?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

The wheel spacers have nothing to do with your lift...they just make room for the wider tires....to space them out a bit to clear inboard stuff in the wells, etc.

So - If you are keeping the stock tires and rims...they will be fine as is.

If you get wider tires, THEN the spacers can help. Adding spacers is the same thing as getting rims with less backspacing....so, if you also got new rims with less than stock BS, you would not need spacers then either, etc.

Hope that helps!

Old 12-11-2007, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put on the TF 2.5 BB in March and the Spidertrax 1.5 wheel spacers in June. It looks a lot better by filling the wheel wells. It will also give you clearance for using the longer sway bar links that come with the kit. Be careful with the brake line extenders that they are installed properlly to tuck in towards the frame, there was just a post on this.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
JK Junkie

If you do not use wheel spacers, you will have to install the rear sway bar links on the inside of the bracket.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also keep in mind that you want to use steel wheel spacers instead of aluminum. TeraFlex found that steel one's will last better and can take abuse/weight of the JK.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also keep in mind that you want to use steel wheel spacers instead of aluminum. TeraFlex found that steel one's will last better and can take abuse/weight of the JK.

I feel sorry for who ever posted under the Tera flex name but this is not true.

Spidertrax makes there spacers out of aluminum and they are by far the nicest spacers going.

Also I can promise you they have sold more aluminum spacers than any other mfg period.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEEJ
The wheel spacers have nothing to do with your lift...they just make room for the wider tires....to space them out a bit to clear inboard stuff in the wells, etc.

So - If you are keeping the stock tires and rims...they will be fine as is.

If you get wider tires, THEN the spacers can help. Adding spacers is the same thing as getting rims with less backspacing....so, if you also got new rims with less than stock BS, you would not need spacers then either, etc.

Hope that helps!

maestro... not even in magazines you can get a explication that clear.... i thank you also...
Old 12-11-2007, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the TF 2.5 BB and you will definately rub if you do not put the sway bar links on the inside but..... If you are also installing TF shocks the bottom sway bar bolt will rub the shock until you fully tighten it.
If you have not done so, read WOF's write-up in Project-JK. All the tools are listed and much clearer than the instructions that come with it.

NOTE to self: Rear bump stop blocks go forward (not pointed aft)
Old 12-11-2007, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Garsh, aw shucks...

As for the aluminum vs steel......I'm pretty sure the Al spacers are T-6 Aluminum, which is pretty tough stuff.

Will Teraflex post their research to show the difference?
Old 12-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is Spidertrax stance on this issue

· We manufacture our kits in house, and have been since 1999.

· We have the longest running track record of any off-road wheel spacer.

· We use 100% vehicle specific designs (our spacers are not universal).

· Our spacers are made of billet 6061T6 aluminum and has an anodized finish for corrosion protection.

· We back all spacers with a “no risk” 30 day money back guarantee and a 1 year warranty.

· To say an aftermarket steel spacer will last longer than a Spidertrax spacer should be backed up with evidence. With no reported issues on Spidertrax spacers for almost a decade now, this is a hard claim to prove.

Quick Reply: Dumb question: Teraflex 2.5 BB and wheels spacers