Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

E-Brake Dash Light

Old 01-11-2010, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Brake Dash Light

Ok, I can't figure out how to make the stuipd dash light go off!!! I did an axle swap to full width ProRock 60's and the dash light for the "BRAKE" is on with the e-brake off! In fact, I disconnected the ebrake cable from the axle and the light was STILL ON!!

I can pull the e-brake and the light flashes...can someone tell me where the sensor is that controls this light or have ANY idea how to make this annoying light go away!?
Old 01-11-2010, 03:41 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

have you checked the fluid level in your master cylinder. a brake light on in this manner typically means you're low on fluid. if that doesn't do the trick, you may have to take your jeep to the dealership and have your brakes power blead using a scan tool.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
have you checked the fluid level in your master cylinder. a brake light on in this manner typically means you're low on fluid. if that doesn't do the trick, you may have to take your jeep to the dealership and have your brakes power blead using a scan tool.
Thank you for the input and suggestion, but I just went out and topped off the brake fluid and that didn't fix the problem.

I connected my Superchip programmer to check any DTC codes and I had two codes. The two codes were front driver and front passanger speed sensors not working. I knew this already, as my ABS sensors are not installed...would this cause the "Brake" light to come on as well? I cleared the DTC codes with the superchip programmer...

BTW, I LOVE the programmer as troubleshooting the complicated computer is GREAT (especially in a state were emissions are required).
Old 01-11-2010, 04:38 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine
Thank you for the input and suggestion, but I just went out and topped off the brake fluid and that didn't fix the problem.

I connected my Superchip programmer to check any DTC codes and I had two codes. The two codes were front driver and front passanger speed sensors not working. I knew this already, as my ABS sensors are not installed...would this cause the "Brake" light to come on as well? I cleared the DTC codes with the superchip programmer...

BTW, I LOVE the programmer as troubleshooting the complicated computer is GREAT (especially in a state were emissions are required).
yes, it would cause your brake light to come on. if you drive like that for a while, your ABS and ESP/BAS will come on too.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
yes, it would cause your brake light to come on. if you drive like that for a while, your ABS and ESP/BAS will come on too.
Ah, thank you very much!! I didn't think the two systems were connected...I will get the ABS sensors re-connected as soon as I can.

*Edit..

Ok, i reconnected and adjusted the ABS sensors up front and WHULA!!! IT works!! Thank you wayoflife. I was worried that I would be fighting electrical gremlins for ever.

Last edited by Marine; 01-11-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Quick Reply: E-Brake Dash Light