Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic Sway Bar Disconnect?? Saving Weight

Old 07-17-2017, 12:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by YukonBlu
Yeah.. this is what im saying. The disconnect motor is just more trouble than its worth for some of us. I'm getting rid of mine and going with stock with manual disconnects... already made this decision. I just gotta find a good deal on a stock front sway bar. Found a new one for $140 plus $15 shipping which isn't bad. And some jack ass in my Jeep Club offered to sell me a used one after i made a post on facebook looking for one. He said make me an offer so i was like I'll give $50 and come pick it up. He came back and said " i searched the net and these are going for as much as $250.. so ill sell you this one for $125". I mean really... why are some jeep club guys like this... i told him i can get a new one for $140 so i offered him $70, and he said "go buy that one then". I'm like ok good luck selling you such highly in demand used sway bar for for $125. What a dick lol
If you wanna swap, I'll ship you mine. Would cover shipping for both, if you are interested in a 1:1 swap. I'd probably slap the EVO kit onto the thing to make it a manual disco.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YukonBlu
Yeah.. this is what im saying. The disconnect motor is just more trouble than its worth for some of us. I'm getting rid of mine and going with stock with manual disconnects... already made this decision. I just gotta find a good deal on a stock front sway bar. Found a new one for $140 plus $15 shipping which isn't bad. And some jack ass in my Jeep Club offered to sell me a used one after i made a post on facebook looking for one. He said make me an offer so i was like I'll give $50 and come pick it up. He came back and said " i searched the net and these are going for as much as $250.. so ill sell you this one for $125". I mean really... why are some jeep club guys like this... i told him i can get a new one for $140 so i offered him $70, and he said "go buy that one then". I'm like ok good luck selling you such highly in demand used sway bar for for $125. What a dick lol
Did you finally make the swap to the oem sway bar? Was it a straight bolt up?
Old 08-29-2017, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HippyMoose
Did you finally make the swap to the oem sway bar? Was it a straight bolt up?
Yeah found a used one for $50 off a 2017 JK. Bolted right up, just had to fit my manual disconnects. Glad I did it, gained a bunch of clearance.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

LOL, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I don't mind manually disconnecting when wheelin'......but every now and then when NOT wheelin' there will be an instance where I'd like to disconnect at the push of a button and snap a quick shot or something like that. I'd love a currie antirock, but don't think I'll ever feel like blowing the money on one.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resharp001
LOL, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I don't mind manually disconnecting when wheelin'......but every now and then when NOT wheelin' there will be an instance where I'd like to disconnect at the push of a button and snap a quick shot or something like that. I'd love a currie antirock, but don't think I'll ever feel like blowing the money on one.
I thought about the anitrock also, couldn't see myself forking out the $$$ for it. I may put one in the rear though eventually.

Quick Reply: Electronic Sway Bar Disconnect?? Saving Weight