Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP is dead!

Old 04-07-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smbundy13
yeah the reflash cost $85 not 20 or 30.. just fyi.. and it is neccessary on the
07s that want to turn off esp. i still havent gotten mine to work yet.. kind of frustratiing after dropping almost $100 at the dealer..
I suppose it depends on your location, dealer, and what you are getting done while in the shop. Mine only cost me $20 to get reflashed but I did spend over $400 dollars on other work...so I guess it evens out. Good to know that cost varies by more than I thought.

I see you have the AEV ProCal listed...did you get this before your reflash or after?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Freak

This should not cost you anything! There is a TSB out to reflash the modules my dealer covered it under the TSB.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:09 AM
JK Super Freak

mine's an 08, and it has this procedure in the manual, but I have never been able to do it.

any chance someone could take a video of it and so the idiots like me can make sure we are doing it correctly.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Relax bro.You are not alone! I have 07 refleshed(twice checked new software) and no off ESP.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

yeah I don't get it. some times on the first clockwise half turn, I get the first 5 second beep, then after I release at 7 seconds I get a 2nd beep, but I never get any beeps on the next 2 times I press it....

i've probably tried literally 50 times now in the last few months....
Old 04-26-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ElovesC
Bump

what does this mean???????
Old 04-26-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by O2BDrty
what does this mean???????
what does "bump" mean? or what does "ESP is dead" mean?

bump = make a post in a thread to push it back up top so others can see it.

ESP is dead means disabling the ESP on our JKs...

And I finally got the "contra code" to work! ESP is finally disabled! after almost a year of trying, haha... it's very touchy, you can't mess up the turning of the wheels at all, meaning, you can't rotate the wheel to the right, then let it go back to the left a millimeter! you have to be dead on and not go back and forth any, so it's pretty hard to do. but it finally worked after about 50 tries, haha
Old 04-27-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcaden
I suppose it depends on your location, dealer, and what you are getting done while in the shop. Mine only cost me $20 to get reflashed but I did spend over $400 dollars on other work...so I guess it evens out. Good to know that cost varies by more than I thought.

I see you have the AEV ProCal listed...did you get this before your reflash or after?
sorry it took a long time to reply.. i got the pro cal before.. i got the jeep flashed.

Quick Reply: ESP is dead!