Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Esp kicking in after drag link flip

Old 04-05-2017, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbandy7777
I do have a adjustable track bar and the wheels are centered under the jeep. I didn't think I needed to relocate it if the track bar was adjustable. But if I understand ya'll correctly the angle of the track bar is as important as the wheels being centered under the jeep
It has to do with two different arc points. The track bar and drag link need to have as close to the same angle as possible. If you raise the track bar at the axle, your problems should go away. My suggestion is to buy the $100 bracket and call it a day. I thought all the dl flip kits came with bracketry.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

An adjustable track bar is for centering the axle in the jeep, that is important, but it is different then having hi steer or raising the trackbar mount. To have proper steering you want to make sure your drag link and your track bar are parallel. That way they travel in the same arch as the suspension goes up and down. If they are on a different plane then that causes you to have to steer or counter steer around corners or over bumps to keep the jeep going straight. This scenario can trip out your stability control. If you do the drag link flip, like you did, then you want to buy an axle side track bar bracket to raise the track bar and keep it parallel with the draglink.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:23 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cbandy7777
You are correct there is no track bar relocation bracket. Now I just need to figure out weather it is worth it to just put the stock drag link back on or try adding the bracket.

That's why I mentioned to throw the old drag link back on. Because if you did and everything was alright, that would immediately tell me you didn't raise the trackbar in addition to the DL flip....

Old 04-05-2017, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Just buy the bracket. Axle side. The improved steering is worth it.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

What did the dealer find? It's easy to recommend throwing money at it with no actual experience with your setup.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
What did the dealer find? It's easy to recommend throwing money at it with no actual experience with your setup.

Karl, you changing tires again? Those look like some nice pizza cutters.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Regardless of specific knowlege of his setup, a track bar relocation is required with a drag link flip.

Quick Reply: Esp kicking in after drag link flip