Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP on new jk w/ lift what to do????

Old 05-12-2007, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESP on new jk w/ lift what to do????

Hey guys I am new to this forum so please be understanding! I bought a new JK this week and order a lift and some 37's for it.

My concern is I talked to friend that said he had a problem with the ESP when he lifted his. He said no cure.

The question is have any of you dealt with this on the lifted JK'S

Thanks for any advice or help with experience.
Mike
Old 05-13-2007, 05:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rhinolineit
Hey guys I am new to this forum so please be understanding! I bought a new JK this week and order a lift and some 37's for it.

My concern is I talked to friend that said he had a problem with the ESP when he lifted his. He said no cure.

Mike
click on search in the top right and there is about 5 different threads on this.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rhinolineit

Mike
Go to your dealer and ask the service manager to disable the ESP. They can do it for you, as they have been doing it for the Chrysler 300 for a few years...
Old 05-13-2007, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

All you have to do is recenter the steering wheel properly and there should be no more ESP issues.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubidozer
Go to your dealer and ask the service manager to disable the ESP. They can do it for you, as they have been doing it for the Chrysler 300 for a few years...
Have you actually done this? I haven't heard of anyone successfully talking a dealer into doing it, even if it is actually possible for them to do. I personlly don't think the ESP is a big issue with mine. As long as I am driving reasonably, it doesn't activate. When it does activate, it doesn't really bother me that much.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have 37's but I do have 35's. I had esp issues in the very beginning. Upon several adjustments to my adjustable arms and making sure everything was centered (axles and steering wheel) most of my esp missues were gone. I made an air preasure adjustment and now ALL of my ESP issues are gone
Old 05-13-2007, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you guys for the information, I will try the dealership tommorrow.
I am looking forward to lifting it, BDS 4.5" with all adjustables! I ordered the lift on thursday and bought the jeep on friday, my priorties are skewed!!
I will let you guys know this week what happens!
Thanks Mike
Old 05-13-2007, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Renegade
Have you actually done this? I haven't heard of anyone successfully talking a dealer into doing it, even if it is actually possible for them to do. I personlly don't think the ESP is a big issue with mine. As long as I am driving reasonably, it doesn't activate. When it does activate, it doesn't really bother me that much.
I live in the boonies, and the roads are crap! My ESP goes off every time I take certain roads or turns. I don't have any decent alignment shops around. And besides, no one has the alignment specs for the JK, yet. If you think they do, just ask for the printout for your alignment, and you'll be surprised...

After the release of the first Chrysler 300s, there were alot of buyers that were unhappy with the ESP/ Traction control systems. After a few weeks, Chrysler gave the okay to disable the system after the buyer signed a waiver releasing Chrysler from any legal repurcussions.

So, I relayed this info to the service manager at my dealership a few weeks ago, and asked about doing it to my JK. He recently contacted me, after he spoke with his Chrysler-Rep, and stated that it wouldn't be a problem and it wouldn't cost me a thing.
I'll be having it done, when I can get there. My dealership is far from where I live. It may be a couple weeks, but I'll post how it all went, after it's done.

Last edited by Rubidozer; 05-13-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

I put the Bds lift on yesterday 4.5" with flex joints and 37's aligned this morning. I have been driving it all day no esp problems, figured I would let you guys know! Thanks Mike
Old 05-17-2007, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Can't you just hit the button and turn it off or is that just on the Rubicons? Or is that NOT what that button is for? Funny, the dealer told me NEVER touch that button.....then why have it? I was perplexed for a moment I must say.

Quick Reply: ESP on new jk w/ lift what to do????