Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO 14" coilovers on a 2 door JK?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EVO 14" coilovers on a 2 door JK?

I've been looking at the posts on here with JKs and the EVO coilovers and have noticed they are mostly on the Unlimited JKs. Is there a reason for this or are they just more popular? I mean, are there significant drawbacks to running the coilovers front and rear on a 2 door JK? I wouldn't want to run larger than 40" tires, probably not larger than 37s. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row on what will/will not work on a 2 door vs 4 door before making a purchase.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Evolution has done a 2 door but I havent seen any pictures of it. This system on a 2 door would kick ass! The best thing to do would be to call Mel at Off Road Evolution and let him tell you about it! If/when you go this route make sure to post some pictures!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to gander at some pics of a two-door with the entire EVO setup myself.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:43 AM
JK Newbie

40s on a 2 door, can you say top heavy
Old 01-28-2009, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

In a couple days I will be purchasing the FT " LA with front EVO coilovers. I don't have the funds for the rear yet. I have a 2dr Rubicon and only plan on going to 37's. I'll post pics once complete.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BigTexRedneck
can you say who cares. tjs are running 40in + tires all the time whf you so worried about?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:08 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Going to do a 4dr that has a 6" FT LA and is going to EVO 14" Coilover , EVO Rear. Has 37's now and all the 2Drs with 37" look good and wheel good. Whats 3iches I geuss.

Gerry
Old 01-28-2009, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Screamin Lizard Customs
Going to do a 4dr that has a 6" FT LA and is going to EVO 14" Coilover , EVO Rear. Has 37's now and all the 2Drs with 37" look good and wheel good. Whats 3iches I geuss.

Gerry
Technically it would be 1.5" taller is all. Every 1" you go up in tire size only nets you 1/2" under the axle.

I've seen a lot of TJs with 40s and even 44s! Since their axles are more narrow and, if I'm not mistaken, their wheelbase is minimally shorter - should be fine on a JK, right?

Just trying to work out a few bugs before purchasing a JK in the next few months.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigTexRedneck
There are guys out there wheeling Izuzu Trooper's and K5's and you're calling a JK too top heavy.
A JK is wider and longer, its probably proportional to a TJ but could be built very stable.

A TJ on 42's with full widths and about and a couple inches of lift with a 112 wheel base is more stable than a factory one, I would know, I have one.
Does anyone offer a rear kit that stretches the WB or does everyones stuff a add on to a long arm kit?

Last edited by Worthless; 01-28-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Worthless
There are guys out there wheeling Izuzu Trooper's and K5's and you're calling a JK too top heavy.
A JK is wider and longer, its probably proportional to a TJ but could be built very stable.

A TJ on 42's with full widths and about and a couple inches of lift with a 112 wheel base is more stable than a factory one, I would know, I have one.
Does anyone offer a rear kit that stretches the WB or does everyones stuff a add on to a long arm kit?
Rock Krawler has a long arm stretch kit, but you need to comp cut the corners to make it work.

Quick Reply: EVO 14" coilovers on a 2 door JK?