Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO C Gussets and AEV

Old 10-13-2009, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO C Gussets and AEV

Does anybody know if the C gusset kit compatible with the AEV hig steering kit? The AEV bracket on the axle looks real close to where the EVO welded steel would be in the instruction photo.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

I do not have first hand experience, but my understanding is they are not compatible. At least not without additional modification.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:57 PM
JK Freak

You could get around it by doing a frame side track bar drop bracket like rubicon express or teraflex instead of the axle side track bar lift... jes a thought
Old 10-14-2009, 10:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
Does anybody know if the C gusset kit compatible with the AEV hig steering kit? The AEV bracket on the axle looks real close to where the EVO welded steel would be in the instruction photo.
Yes, they are compatible.

I am running the AEV premium lift kit which includes the drag link flip kit (high steering kit). EVO recently installed my 5.13s and offered to install the C gussets when I dropped off my JK.

If you want further assurance call Mel at Offroad Evolution (714-870-5515). He is the man!
Old 10-15-2009, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Thanks Spinlock! I will be getting the 4.5 AeV premium Lift with Clayton Arms, C Gussets and skids, 5.13 gears, a front CV driveshaft at Screamin Lizards in TX. Now if I can only narrow down on what black wheels. I have already settled for Goodyear MTR Kevs in Christmas can't come soon enough.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:16 AM
JK Junkie

There is some interference between the gusset and the track bar bracket. Nothing a little bit of time with a grinder can't fix though.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
Thanks for the thread - just install the EVO Gussets and one of the next steps was going to be AEV High Steer, I'll have to look at this closer. If I go with AEV I will post some pics of the install.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Littlejon
There is some interference between the gusset and the track bar bracket. Nothing a little bit of time with a grinder can't fix though.
That's a very good point. It may require a bit of trimming. I would hope it is on the gusset and not on the track bar bracket.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GeoFishnJK
Thanks for the thread - just install the EVO Gussets and one of the next steps was going to be AEV High Steer, I'll have to look at this closer. If I go with AEV I will post some pics of the install.
I am choosing AEV for the progressive springs, high steer kit and impressive road manners since mine is a DD. I will be using Clayton front arms however.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Junkie

Why go with the Gussets on the C when it has been shown by many companies that it is the entire axle tube bending, and rarely the C? You would better off just doing an axle truss or sleeving the axle tube.

Quick Reply: EVO C Gussets and AEV