Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo coilover options- opinions needed!

Old 01-31-2017, 06:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

simply doing properly tuned coil overs with hydraulic bump stops will give you the go fast set up. I was hitting 60 at the hammers a couple years ago and stopped there because I didn't have a top doors or helmet on and if something go wrong at speed it typically goes really wrong. The only thing that I really noticed then was I needed more up travel because as a crawler set up with long travel shocks I only had 4" of up travel. I should have that worked out now with my current build and have moved to 7" of up travel on the front and rear with 18" 3" triple bypass and 2.5" coil overs on each corner while keeping the lift in the 4.5"-5" range.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Down2Mob
Jordy - thats awesome man! Which shop did your install? I am leaning more towards a simple coilover setup to save money and put it towards my adventure trailer build, but still really want the double throwdown 😆 i am looking for a simple solution to go fast, not to have the most unique or cost effective setup. If I have to spend an extra $1-2k to get a ready to go headache free kit, I would prefer that, as this JK is my daily and I cant afford to have it in the shop for too long
Mine was done at Evo in Cali.

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
simply doing properly tuned coil overs with hydraulic bump stops will give you the go fast set up. I was hitting 60 at the hammers a couple years ago and stopped there because I didn't have a top doors or helmet on and if something go wrong at speed it typically goes really wrong. The only thing that I really noticed then was I needed more up travel because as a crawler set up with long travel shocks I only had 4" of up travel. I should have that worked out now with my current build and have moved to 7" of up travel on the front and rear with 18" 3" triple bypass and 2.5" coil overs on each corner while keeping the lift in the 4.5"-5" range.
No argument there. Lots of ways to skin a cat. Just depends on how much time, money, knowledge, mechanical ability, patience, etc., that one has to put it all together. Finding a kit that you can put on out of the box that will run exceptionally with a little bit of fine tuning, if any, is why they get that price. Some people want to be able to take it somewhere, have it done, and run it without any further concerns.

I agree with the compression side of things as I'm sitting on 5-6", but I'm also on 40's and somewhat tall, so cranking it up isn't something I'm looking to do as it has done everything I've asked of it, going fast or crawling, so I can't complain.

Quick Reply: Evo coilover options- opinions needed!