Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo Double D Pro kit - Tweaking

Old 02-20-2017, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Evo Double D Pro kit - Tweaking

This thing is a colossal pain in the ass. so anyone that thinks they want one, I advise you explore all other options out there before you pull the trigger.

First off. bolt on my ass. the only thing the blots do is help line things up before you weld them on.

Secondly. if you have other after market mods, you have to mod and tweak everything and hop it still works as intended. I had G2 Dana44s that the brackets all had to be cut and modified just to make things fit in their appropriate places. and not just the D44 mounts, but the EVO mounts as well. nothing went together smoothly, not even the evo parts to themselves.

Thirdly. once you put this kit on your JK, it's there forever. You cant go back without getting a new frame. so if you do it and decide it's not for you, get a for sale sign and look for a new Jeep.

Fourthly. adjustment F-ing SUCKS. the spanners dont fit in the spaces you have left to work, so you are forced to used improvised tools and scar the hell out of your expensive ass coilovers in an attempt to adjust the preload.

My favorite part was spending all that money for this Kit, installing it, and then seeing my jeep get a case of the leans because (as evo explains) the passenger side is heavier than the driver side. even if it's due to the fuel and tank, you are only talking about 200lbs. Roughly my body weight, so wouldnt my weight in the driver seat offset this? Because it doesnt. nor does TWO 200 + pound men on the driver side. this is a is a poor QC problem with spring rates, plain and simple. my Trail master lift didnt have this issue, nor do most other lifts I've seen. then there was the rear sag issue. I was told (By EVO) that "here out west we like our Jeeps Lower while you guys in the south seem to like 'em taller"...this is a crock. I didnt ask how to get a 6 inch lift out of my coilovers. I asked how to make it ride level and nit LITERALLY sit a half an inch off the hydraulic bump stops. when you drive down a paved road, in good condition, and your bump stops are your suspension...THATS a problem. I had 105MM of preload on those springs just to get it level. I had no more adjustment and that was only on one side. the other was at 28mm. My corner scales had me at .2% difference on all corners and the Right side preload was bottomed out front and rear.

So, I call again. I ended up buying new heavier springs because I was then told "our set up is for stock jeeps" . who does this kind of project to a "stock Jeep" this kits should be either set up for modded jeeps or have options when ordering. stock jeeps weigh around 4500lbs. mine is pushing 6500. the new springs look better, but it still took 75mm of preload to get 2.5" of clearance on the bumps. at least the rear is closer to setting level now with only about 10mm difference in ride height. the right front took 35mm. the left is topped out. tomorrow I'll be scaling again to try and fine tune it now that it has the new springs.

as for the rest of the kit...yeah, good luck getting the johnny joints to hold position and not twist back and forth changing your alignment each time. hey, my wheels stright, oh wait, now it's off 20 degrees, or look it's straight again, oh, now the front end is pulling to one side... yeah, this is a great kit.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Who installed it ?
Old 02-21-2017, 01:33 AM
JK Newbie

Default hmmm

This post scares me. I am about to pull the trigger on the Evo Enforcer Pro Coilover Stage 1 kit (the $4300 one). Planning on doing it myself in my garage. I am wondering if i will need to up the spring weights because i am going to run heavy bumpers and have a 37 with beadlock hanging off the back.... would like to know more about this.

Sometimes I wonder if i should just get the $1200 Enforcer kit with King 2.5 shocks. My brain. This is all I think about.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dahreno
Who installed it ?
It was done at Destination 4x4 in Daytona. I was on hand for quite a bit of it. what a disaster.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stormtroopah
This post scares me. I am about to pull the trigger on the Evo Enforcer Pro Coilover Stage 1 kit (the $4300 one). Planning on doing it myself in my garage. I am wondering if i will need to up the spring weights because i am going to run heavy bumpers and have a 37 with beadlock hanging off the back.... would like to know more about this.

Sometimes I wonder if i should just get the $1200 Enforcer kit with King 2.5 shocks. My brain. This is all I think about.
I have heavy bumpers and rock rails and a winch. plus lighting a tire rack with Jerrycan holders and cans, and 35" tires. I had to step up from a 200 upper spring to a 250 on the rear and from a 250 upper front to a 300 . Until I have it scaled out today, I have know Idea if this set up will correct my spring rate issue. as it stands, I still have one saggy corner. the bigger issue IMHO is the Johnny joints moving out of adjustment constantly.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by professional_slacker
I have heavy bumpers and rock rails and a winch. plus lighting a tire rack with Jerrycan holders and cans, and 35" tires. I had to step up from a 200 upper spring to a 250 on the rear and from a 250 upper front to a 300 . Until I have it scaled out today, I have know Idea if this set up will correct my spring rate issue. as it stands, I still have one saggy corner. the bigger issue IMHO is the Johnny joints moving out of adjustment constantly.
Good to know, and thanks for the info! I'll call Evo direct or northridge4x4 (both most likely) and see what they have to say about the spring rates. I really hope you get it all squared away! Post some pics of your rig!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I'd love to see this on WOL....what a train wreck it would be.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	16178586_1432813750084614_8434476192659499163_o.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	667058Click image for larger version

Name:	16664965_1443787668987222_5917227720370342452_o.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	395.9 KB
ID:	667059

I'm still waiting on my fenders from ACE.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by caryt
they are definitely dick riding Evo over on that site. when doing my research before buying in, thats where most of my positive feed back came from. I saw little else anywhere else.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caryt
Haha for real.

I have the EVO trail tailgate table. It came with parts missing and a bag ripped. Wasn't impressed. Also the Instructions were more of a joke. You need to be careful when putting it on or you'll mess up the bottom left corner. Lucky it's a straight forward install.

Quick Reply: Evo Double D Pro kit - Tweaking