Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO Lever or ???????

Old 12-15-2009, 10:31 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jkJason
If your looking for a middle ground have you considered a 3 link setup for the rear? More flex and alot less $$. It aint coilover flex but might be a route worth considering depending on your app. What kind of setup are you running now?
while a 3 link setup is nice, it is far from being a "middle ground". sure, you will have less bind and that will help give you a bit more flex but ultimately, you will be limited by shock length and the need to keep your coils in place. needless to say, there is a limit as to how tall a shock you can run and how much droop you can have even with a 3 link setup. the evo lever works way outside of the conventional box as it uses coilovers. even with a 4 link short arm setup, you will get way more flex with an evo lever setup.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you, I meant middle ground as in price wise. I was responding to the 2nd part of his original post asking about 'a mod that will let me articulate further' while not spending his rent money lol. Converting to a 3 link rear is a fraction of the cost since it looks like he already has a lift. But yea, it's not coilover travel.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:11 PM
JK-Forum Founder

I agree with you, I meant middle ground as in price wise. I was responding to the 2nd part of his original post asking about 'a mod that will let me articulate further' while not spending his rent money lol. Converting to a 3 link rear is a fraction of the cost since it looks like he already has a lift. But yea, it's not coilover travel.
got it and hear what yer saying
Old 12-15-2009, 11:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not any extra travel at all. If all he installed was a 3 link on his rig today he would have the same amount of flex he started with. However, he would be able to max out a bit more freely with less bind. Same flex though.....
Old 12-16-2009, 05:40 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by LOKI646
As I've posted in a few other threads and am very new to this forum, I'm still planning my build before I ever grab a wrench or even my wallet for that matter.

So on that note, where in the grand scheme of things can the coil over set up be inserted? Meaning what is the minimum lift that can be ran with the coil overs? I know there is a difference in the short arm and long arm set up, but I'm curious to know is if this is a setup that can be grown into or does your jeep have to already be graduated from stock. Now before you laugh too hard at the question, I'm primarily referring to the EVO lever and not the front coil overs, simply because it appears to tuck up underneath the jeep rather than be dictated directly by the height of a lift.

Oh and how would this system effect my future relocation of the EVAP to the area above the rear axle as I already want to move the muffler to this location?
the evo front coilovers will require you to hack off your existing coil/shock towers and have new ones installed in their place. the rears can bolt up or be welded into what you have now but really, it's a whole new setup. as far as graduating goes, you can get a basic lift or long arm kit now as you will still used things from it like the control arms, track bars, sway bar links, etc. regarding your evap, it will be in the way and will need to get relocated back to stock or elsewhere.

Quick Reply: EVO Lever or ???????