Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust system - warranty

Old 01-23-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default exhaust system - warranty

I have an 08 Sahara that I purchased used. When I bought it I also purchased an extended warranty through Chrysler. I am looking to get a corsa db catback exhaust and I'm pretty sure that it shouldn't void the factory warranty but I'd just like to know for sure because that warranty wasn't cheap.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really doubt it. I just ordered a Magnaflow cat back for my 2010 Sahara. It should be delivered Thursday or Friday. I also purchased the overpriced extended warranty. Hopefully I will never need to use it.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AirJordan613
I have an 08 Sahara that I purchased used. When I bought it I also purchased an extended warranty through Chrysler. I am looking to get a corsa db catback exhaust and I'm pretty sure that it shouldn't void the factory warranty but I'd just like to know for sure because that warranty wasn't cheap.
I looked at that Corsa system and for the $ it appears to be a good deal. I decided to go with Magnaflow though. I think their quality is unbeatable and I really do not want to ever have to change out this muffler again.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Goofas7070

I looked at that Corsa system and for the $ it appears to be a good deal. I decided to go with Magnaflow though. I think their quality is unbeatable and I really do not want to ever have to change out this muffler again.
Will changing the muffler to the corsa db affect the factory warranty?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Does anyone else have any info on this?
Old 01-25-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would bet that installing a new exhaust or any type of exhaust parts such as a muffler would void your emissions/exhaust warranty. But it all depends on your dealership as each dealer is different so you may want to ask them first
Old 01-25-2011, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Croce
I would bet that installing a new exhaust or any type of exhaust parts such as a muffler would void your emissions/exhaust warranty. But it all depends on your dealership as each dealer is different so you may want to ask them first
I have heard that if the mod is behind the catalytic converter then its kosher but than again i've heard several contradicting responses as well
Old 01-25-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey just thought I'd had my 2 cents. My local dealer that I use told me anything before the engine (aka air intake) and anything after the catalytic converter would not void my warranty. This was for a 2007 mustang I bought new but they are also a Chrysler dealer also.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Not to sabotage this thread but are any of these exhaust loud?!? I am too wanting to relocate my exhaust but I want stealth under the radar sound!!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

My magnaflow should be delivered today. Ill post a sound clip once it is installed.

Quick Reply: exhaust system - warranty