Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Experience with wheel spacers?

Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with wheel spacers?

So it has recently come to my attention that you can buy a Spidertrax 1.375" Wheel Adapter Kit that converts your bolt pattern to 5x5.5 A CJ's wheel patternt for those that don't know. I don't know ANYTHING about wheel spacers or adapters, I've never had a use for them so I haven't got much experience or knowledge. Granted I will do my own research, but I tend to like to get others' opinion as well.

I've got some NICE CJ wheels in 15x8 and 15x10. One set with tires already mounted to them. My thinking is these wheel adapters would set it out far enough that I could definately run a set of 15s and clear the calipers. But how much stress would I be putting on the front bearings?? ect. Things like that. I think if I can get this to work out I've got a set of original turbine style CJ wheels that would look awesome on my JK.

Suggestions/Help appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you won't put any more stress on it that if you were to buy wheels with less bsp.... spridertrax are good to go!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:36 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
you won't put any more stress on it that if you were to buy wheels with less bsp.... spridertrax are good to go!
what he said. i run spacers on both my jeeps and have no problems.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
what he said. i run spacers on both my jeeps and have no problems.
WOL has SPOKEN!!! I'm a go for wheel spacers now. Thanks man I was actually really hoping you'd reply to this post.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Well, I'll throw in my 2cents for a forum sponsor, the Teraflex spacers have been great on my JK, it's like they're not even there. Shame too, because they're really nice looking. lol
Old 03-14-2009, 09:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just put my first 1.5" spridertrax spacers on this week and they are very well built. It did feel a little more stable in turns. Just remember to take off the brake retainers washers before you install them and clean the axle flange good so that the spacer sets flat and true.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

20,000 miles on my 1.5" and no issues.

Quick Reply: Experience with wheel spacers?