Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fab Fours Front/Rear Bumper

Old 01-22-2009, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fab Fours Front/Rear Bumper

Any thoughts, problems, or complaints about fab four front/rear bumpers. Know of any better alternatives?
Old 01-22-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the fab fours rear , i was really happy with it , nice design , very heavy.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blockrockin
i have the fab fours rear , i was really happy with it , nice design , very heavy.

Block, what top?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've got the FabFour front and rear bumpers and am very pleased with them.
I like the full width front bumper with the stock flares, it gives good protection to the fender/wheel/tire that you don't get with a stubby.
Several people posted that it was too big and heavy. Well yeah, it probably is if you running the stock tires/offset, and are used to Jeeps with a stubby and 37s, but if you're on 35X12.5 with proper offset wheels it's just right.

There were no problems with installation, all the bolt holes line up exactly, and when you're through a smile will come over your face, "it couldn't have been that easy, could it?"

The 90mm Hella 55w fog and 60mm turn signal lights are very high quality, just like the bumper itself. These are also very useful fog lights, and integrated with the turn signals gives an attractive looking unit.

The rear is a beauty, it's not near as big as the photos seem to suggest, it doesn't hang back too far, or too low. It's heavy and expensive just like the front, and adds a first rate tire carrier.

Both front and rear have excellent D-ring mounts. The front 1" you can dremmel out for a 1 1/8" pin easy enough for those really big d-rings, and the rear is standard 3/4" and also adds a 2" receiver.

I've thought long and hard about a stubby or mid-stubby on the front, but I just go look at the Jeep out in the garage or parked in the driveway and smile.
I hope to add a 22" Xmitter to the top of the hoop, then I'll be done! With the bumper!

Last edited by edwin907; 01-22-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:08 AM
JK Freak

I've got the rear bumper and love it....very solid and well built..

Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 AM
JK Junkie

They look nice, and are pretty heavy duty, but I have heard a few people complain about rusting hardware, and peeling powder coat. They might have fixed it by now though.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the fabfours rails and am as happy as a pig in poo. I am saving now for the bumpers they look awesome.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

I remember there was a thread a bunch of months ago that talked about all the problems with these bumpers. I was close to getting them myself but that thread stopped me. Lots of rust and peeling after the first winter. too bad because they look so nice.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe I'm lucky (better to be born lucky than good or rich) but mine have held up great. No rust, or peeling at all.
Not even scratched where a F-150 hit the back, or where a Honda hit the front.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Junkie

yeah me too , no problems at all with mine has held up great ! perfect condition !

Quick Reply: Fab Fours Front/Rear Bumper