Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Feedback on Banks Monster Exhaust?

Old 06-03-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB08JK
Hey all,

The clamp holding the chrome tip has a nut that rides up onto a bolt, pushing any SHORT type socket off. As the nut was tightening up, i gave it a nice tug to snug it up and off slipped the socket, pushed off by the bolt as the nut rode up.

I slipped back and the top of my left index finger crossed the edge of the exhaust tip. I cut my finger very severly, blood everywhere and 6 stitches. All I could think about as I was bleeding everywhere was picking up my new Jeep and that I might have to wait another day.

I was out of the emergency room in 55 minutes (Monument Urgent Care..WONDERFUL!). I arrived home to torque that bolt down and was at the dealer by 7:30pm...thank god!

I drove home in my brand new Rubicon with a finger splint, 6 stitches, some drugs and a smile.

Please be careful. I could have avoided it all with a simple mechanic glove and a little patience. Keep that in mind when you tighten that last bolt...and use a deep socket, not the shorty.

I got tired of waiting for my bro to return my tools....so I took my Banks to Tuffy to have it installed. Their manager sliced his finger on the Exhaust Tip and had to go get stitches, too. So, for $68 bucks I saved myself the pounding/prying/grunting/sweating/torch cutting/emergency room visit. I'm very happy with the results too .
Old 06-03-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ghostship
I got tired of waiting for my bro to return my tools....so I took my Banks to Tuffy to have it installed. Their manager sliced his finger on the Exhaust Tip and had to go get stitches, too. So, for $68 bucks I saved myself the pounding/prying/grunting/sweating/torch cutting/emergency room visit. I'm very happy with the results too .
It's really sharp....too sharp. It should be ground down more. It's like a razor blade. Be careful washing the tip.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

is the Banks Monster Exhaust loud?

Quick Reply: Feedback on Banks Monster Exhaust?