Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

fender liner with flat fenders?

Old 08-05-2014, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fender liner with flat fenders?

so i just had some sweet flat fenders made for my rig.

I chopped up the OEM liners but they ust done fit right. there is the big gap over the arch that you cant really fill, and then the bottom piece doesnt have support so it just kinda flaps around.

I have looked into the metal cloak ones. 2 of the pieces will fit no prob, its the 3rd small long piece that goes in the tight spot to stop crap from flying into the fender gap that is now there. Look like this piece uses bolt from their fender system....

Anyone have these that has made it work on a set up with flat fenders?

what are my options?
Old 08-05-2014, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

Self tap or put a bolt in the bottom. I tuck mine in.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by miraclemax
so i just had some sweet flat fenders made for my rig.

I chopped up the OEM liners but they ust done fit right. there is the big gap over the arch that you cant really fill, and then the bottom piece doesnt have support so it just kinda flaps around.

I have looked into the metal cloak ones. 2 of the pieces will fit no prob, its the 3rd small long piece that goes in the tight spot to stop crap from flying into the fender gap that is now there. Look like this piece uses bolt from their fender system....

Anyone have these that has made it work on a set up with flat fenders?

what are my options?
I did exactly what you are talking about doing. I bought the MC liners bc i dont like the gaps that are in the factory liner after cutting the fenders. The only thing with the MC liners is that you have to drill 2 holes in each side in oder to bolt the small support piece you are worried about. Also they do not provide bolts for the small support piece so you will have to go to a local hardware store to pick some up.

When i get home tonight i will take some pictures of what i am talking about and post them up in the morning.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

...I just left mine off. More cool air around the engine and less work and money for me!
Old 08-05-2014, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Waldo_88
...I just left mine off. More cool air around the engine and less work and money for me!
I was thinking about doing the same but down were i live we have alot of mud, plus i live like 30 minutes from the beach and i would like to keep most of the salty sand out of my engine bay lol. But thats just me.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanx guys.

Some pics would be great!

My fender mount over where the holes need to be drilled. So im guess i can just drill the holes, mount the liner with low profile screw heads, then just put my fender over it and just tighten it down over those screws.....
Old 08-06-2014, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by miraclemax
thanx guys.
Some pics would be great!

My fender mount over where the holes need to be drilled. So im guess i can just drill the holes, mount the liner with low profile screw heads, then just put my fender over it and just tighten it down over those screws.....
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140806_064113.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	569772

Here u can see the 2 bolts i used, and the top one interfered with the fender so i just trimed the fender.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140806_064101.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	569771  
Old 08-07-2014, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

These are mine. Mine cover everything.
Well close to it.

Name:	ForumRunner_20140807_222411.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	570093

Name:	ForumRunner_20140807_222419.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	570094

You can see where i bolted mine and tucked it in. You could also bolt it.

Quick Reply: fender liner with flat fenders?