Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

a few questions

Old 10-11-2007, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few questions

im lookin at front bumpers its a toss up between the warn front bumper and the shrockworks mid width i just wanted a few opinions one which is a better bumper since they are around the same price. 2. How heavy is the warn for those of you that have it and did it give you a lot of sag and the same question with the shrockworks. Im sure ill need 3/4' spacers and i also want to go 1 inch body i was told id need new adjustable control arms because it may cause driving issues with a a 1 inch body and spacers. any thoughts on that?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure how much these 2 bumpers weigh, but on our JK, the warn bumper with skid plate and powerplant winch caused about a 3/4" sag in front. The main difference between the warn and shrockworks bumper is the way the winch will fit....on the warn, the winch will sit on top, on the shrockworks, the winch will sit down low, between the frame rails. With just a 3/4" spacer, I really don't think you would need adjustable control arms. A body lift shouldn't affect suspension, it just gives your tires a bit more clearance.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the warn do you know if the winch hole is very evident in other words i dont have my winch yet will it look stupid without the winch right away?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:53 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jacked up JK
with the warn do you know if the winch hole is very evident in other words i dont have my winch yet will it look stupid without the winch right away?
With the warn bumper, the winch will sit on top, so there isn't a hole.

Quick Reply: a few questions