Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my lift! 4" with 37"s

Old 01-29-2007, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my lift! 4" with 37"s

Finally got my lift! I ordered it back at the first of November .

It's a Superlift 4" with Micky Thompson Classic II wheels (15x8) and Goodyear MTR 37x12.50's. The lift was fairly easy to intall, I've lifted about a dozen TJ's and numerous XJ's and CJ's, and this was by far the easiest. No star headed bolts, everything was easy to get to, and I didn't need a spring compressor to get the springs in .

The rear barely clears the flares, but is clear. It's on the bump stops here. I did have to trim 1 1/2" of off the rocker guards and fold the body seam over.

The front gets into the flare though. Most of the problem is the front upper bump stop is folding over when the axle hits it, allowing the axle to go too far up.

The front bumper has to go too, this isn't even at full flex.

And here it is with my 7yr old for size reference. It's almost as tall as my old TJ with a 4" long arm lift, 1.5" body lift and the same 37" tires.

Last edited by Graluc; 01-29-2007 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:13 AM
JK Super Freak

very nice lookin!!!!! i have a question about the lift i just got mine same super lift 4" how was the install i havent done mine yet waiting on tires first

i cant deside if i wana do it myself i have messed around with lifts but never did a full install and i am no mec. but im pretty good with tools

thanks
will
Old 01-29-2007, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good Job - -Looks great! This must have been the weekend for lift installs
Old 01-29-2007, 06:30 AM
JK Freak

Yep- you need a different bumper in front. I really like the 4in. and 37's combination. You rig passes the cool test
Old 01-29-2007, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SLICKWILL
very nice lookin!!!!! i have a question about the lift i just got mine same super lift 4" how was the install i havent done mine yet waiting on tires first

i cant deside if i wana do it myself i have messed around with lifts but never did a full install and i am no mec. but im pretty good with tools

thanks
will
It was pretty easy for me, but I've worked on Hot Rods and Jeeps my whole life. It took me about 6 hours with a little help from some friends. I'd say try it, you don't need star headed sockets or spring compressors, just give yourself plenty of time for your first intall.

For the rest of you guys, thanks for the comments!
Old 01-29-2007, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

thanks ya i think im gona give it a try ill just devote a whole day

a long day and an computer close by so i can ask you guys questions

thanks
will

sweet jeep again!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great. I want to see how you like this kit in about six months too. So please stay active here. Do you have any pics of how close the rear is under compression?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Drivelines

Looks good! Do you have any driveline issues? A lot of the 4" lifts seem to say "may require driveline modification." I was curious if this is true.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

You said your wheels are 15"" whats the offset and how close are they to the calipers??????
Old 01-29-2007, 08:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome Jeep. If my wife was a couple of inches taller (she's only 5" even) I probably could have talked myself into holding off for the 4" with 37's. Even now she says it's too tall. Way to go!

Quick Reply: Finally got my lift! 4" with 37"s