Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Time Lifting A Vehicle

Old 04-13-2014, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Time Lifting A Vehicle

Hi All,

I have some questions as this is my first time lifting a vehicle. Searching for a 2.5" lift on my 2014 JKU and this is what I have come up with. Comfort is important to me as this is my daily driver.

Teraflex 2.5" Lift
Teraflex 2.5 Inch Lift LINK

Rancho 2" RS9000XL Shocks
Rancho Front Shock LINK
Rancho Rear Shock LINK

1. Is this everything I would need for a lift?
2. The shock is 2" and the lift is 2.5". Is this a problem? Do I need to get the Teraflex lift kit with adapters?
3. The kit the local shop is telling me to get has flexarms. Do I need flexarms? Teraflex 3 Inch Lift w/Flexarms LINK

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by donm3ga; 04-13-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First is it a is it a Rubicon or Sahara or sport model.if you don't have a rubi get the teraflex kit with shocks or shock extensions and call it a day you don't need the Flex arms right away.I have 5 years on my kit and i don't have flex arms. Rubicon have a progressive shock a lot stiffer than the other models .good luck
Old 04-13-2014, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

You should be just fine with the terraflex 2.5'' coil lift and rancho 2'' shocks.

I suggest also AEV or Rancho geometry correction brackets.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gunbo75
First is it a is it a Rubicon or Sahara or sport model.if you don't have a rubi get the teraflex kit with shocks or shock extensions and call it a day you don't need the Flex arms right away.I have 5 years on my kit and i don't have flex arms. Rubicon have a progressive shock a lot stiffer than the other models .good luck
Its a sport. The reason why I chose the Rancho RS9000XL shocks was because from what I've read they provide a very soft and comfortable daily driver ride. Are there other recommendations?
Old 04-13-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by donm3ga
Its a sport. The reason why I chose the Rancho RS9000XL shocks was because from what I've read they provide a very soft and comfortable daily driver ride. Are there other recommendations?
OME nitrocharger provide smooth ride.

However I don't know if they are better or not than Rancho 9000

What is nice about rancho 9000 is they are adjustable.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run a 2.5" OME with Nitrocharger shocks. They do provide a great ride on and off road.

Quick Reply: First Time Lifting A Vehicle