Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flat fender modification

Old 05-29-2007, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flat fender modification

I like the fender mod on this JK from the 2006 SEMA. They look better than any of the flat fender designs I've see and would be a great aftermarket accessory for any project-jk sponsors (hint, hint...). Just make them in a black moulded plastic so they don't need to be painted. Any ideas how the stock flare could be modified like this without looking like a novice took his sawzall to it?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cut it with something hot, like a tire siping iron or something similar. Or do it very slowly with an ordinary blade. You have to watch out for the marker lamp though.

Speaking of which, how does that machine have turn signals? Off road only?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Cut it with something hot, like a tire siping iron or something similar. Or do it very slowly with an ordinary blade. You have to watch out for the marker lamp though.

Cutting the plastic ones would go through the middle of the side marker light so need a way to fill that back in to look "finished".

Not sure about the turn signals but did see a thread about an integrated turn signal/headlamp but those are not on this JK.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja

The turn signals are mounted at the bottom of the hedlights. The replacement lights are $180. They are on my mod list

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=fenders

Last edited by CLACKEY(_!_); 05-29-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:29 AM
JK Freak

there are 10mm LED bolts out there. i think it's streetglow that has them...anyway, they come in a bunch of colors and you can get flashers for them as well. that'd a good enough fix for side marker. google it.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

If you trim the flares, post pics please. It would look sick.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by terrahawk
You still need signals / side marker lights to be legal, at least you do in Texas that is.
Looks like they mounted them on the side of the hood, I've seen ppl do this with TJ's before as well.

Quick Reply: Flat fender modification