Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fog light relocation to grille

Old 09-08-2009, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light relocation to grille

So I upgraded to the EVO front bumper.

Now I have the stock bumper with good fogs that I can't utilize. So here is my plan:

1. Cut the plastic around the stock fogs
2. epoxy this plastic ring onto the grille, under the headlight and between the turn signal and openings in the grill.
3. linex the grille

I haven't measured it out to see if they will fit......jeep is still at ORE until Friday......there might be obstructions behind the grille at this location that will make it impossible to accomplish.

But the theory sounds good to me. I can effectively use the stock harness to stock fogs and save a switch for even more lights!!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

I remember this from awhile ago, not sure exactly what he did but here ya go.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...acement&page=2
Old 09-08-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is pretty crazy that he got the fogs in there.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eisenjj
If I remember correctly...those lights in the turn signal cutouts were from a Toyota Prius.
Does that make it a Hybrid Jeep?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by steelefx4
So I upgraded to the EVO front bumper.

Now I have the stock bumper with good fogs that I can't utilize. So here is my plan:

1. Cut the plastic around the stock fogs
2. epoxy this plastic ring onto the grille, under the headlight and between the turn signal and openings in the grill.
3. linex the grille

I haven't measured it out to see if they will fit......jeep is still at ORE until Friday......there might be obstructions behind the grille at this location that will make it impossible to accomplish.

But the theory sounds good to me. I can effectively use the stock harness to stock fogs and save a switch for even more lights!!!!
I like this idea...however, if you're going to be doing this, why not put the fogs in the bottom of the grill. Like in one of the slots, might be better than having a whole bunch of lights crammed together, just an idea...I'm thinking putting them in the bottom portion of the two outside slots might look good, and it's less cutting. Either way, i like the idea, go for it...and be sure to post pics when you finish!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

Wait...evo front bumper?

Quick Reply: Fog light relocation to grille