Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fox performance vs fox adventure vs bilsteins

Old 11-03-2016, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fox performance vs fox adventure vs bilsteins

thinking on the bilsteins just because there the cheapest. Are the fox shocks worth the extra money? Bilsteins are the cheapest and he fox performance are the most expensive with the fox adventure in the middle.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:36 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

I have some Fox 2.0 Evolution series. I think they basically replaced/renamed that series with/to the Adventure series. The difference used to be the Evolution series was not rebuildable while the Performance series was. Not sure if the Adventure series is or not. All that said, I think my Fox 2.0 Evolution shocks are very comparable to the Blistein 5100's as far as ride quality....cept they have a Fox sticker on em. If I had to do it over, I would go with the Blisteins because of the body length. I got the Fox in a 4-6" lift length and the bodies are really long. The Blistein 5100's in the 3.5"-5" lift would have been a better option for my specific set up.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2 door with the bilstein shocks. I have been told by our local cameraman who hops into a lot of JKs that mine has a particularly plush ride on the trail and on the road. I only have a 2.5" lift so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I have heard from a few that the Fox shocks they use are okay but the cheap ones are rough and don't last and the expensive ones take a while to tune correctly.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:50 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

The question is why are you looking at new shocks? Need longer due to lift? better ride? Want a shinny shock for the bling?
Buying for a lift height (3"-5" for example) is a poor way to choose, buy what fits or move your brackets. If it can't be re valved you might as well flip a coin as a shock may ride good on one set up while ridding like crap on another. Coils, tires, weight , suspension set up, sway bars will all affect your ride. Don't expect any magical ride improvements from an off the shelf throw away shock over what you are running now.

Here is a link to a thread I did years ago on shocks that may help you with your shocks.
A simple guide to shocks
Old 11-03-2016, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm putting a 2.5 lift kit on it and need longer shocks. Don't care about a shinny shock but also don't want a rusty one in a year either. Put OME on my tj and they were half rust in one year
Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The question is why are you looking at new shocks? Need longer due to lift? better ride? Want a shinny shock for the bling?
Buying for a lift height (3"-5" for example) is a poor way to choose, buy what fits or move your brackets. If it can't be re valved you might as well flip a coin as a shock may ride good on one set up while ridding like crap on another. Coils, tires, weight , suspension set up, sway bars will all affect your ride. Don't expect any magical ride improvements from an off the shelf throw away shock over what you are running now.

Here is a link to a thread I did years ago on shocks that may help you with your shocks.
A simple guide to shocks
Old 11-03-2016, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure of your other mods but the BDS tuned Fox shocks offer a great ride when paired with the MC springs on my heavy 2 door. Excellent mix of hwy and offroad, night and day from my Bilstein 5100s. I didn't quite care for the ride either shock provided when paired with my RK springs before swapping.

Definitely measure properly before buying and call the manufacturers for extended & collapsed lengths so you don't waste any travel. The actual collapsed lenght on the Fox's I bought Was slightly longer (1.25") than the spec I was provided, which made for some creative changes to avoid loosing up travel.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the help guys! its appeciated
Old 02-21-2023, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Hello, I want the teraflex sport 1.5 ST1 the kit that come with springs, but looking some shock that may be less expensive than the falcon, I´m doing to improve the driving on Road... I was thinking iun Blistein or Fox.. or definitly I have to wait until complete the Falcons
Old 02-21-2023, 06:04 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Buy a Metal Cloak kit. Better quality and ride. Paired with their Rocksport shocks. Great ride and value. Both Bilstien and Fox are on the stiffer side and will not improve the ride if your jeep is more on the lighter side. Falcons are a waste of money. If you are going to spend that much on shocks buy a bypass shock or run coil overs.
The following users liked this post:
cadenajeepjk (02-23-2023)

Quick Reply: fox performance vs fox adventure vs bilsteins