Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox stabilizer?

Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronin2120
My stock one was beaten up pretty badly so it was a vast improvement over that. It has smoothed out the steering as well as absorbing uneven road patterns as well. If I had to do it again I'd do it without a second thought very happy with this product.
Good to hear!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:41 PM
JK Junkie

Another good steering stablizer to consider if you can't afford the Fox ATS is a Bilstein. They are only $86, have no left push & more heavy duty than factory.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gman*2007
Another good steering stablizer to consider if you can't afford the Fox ATS is a Bilstein. They are only $86, have no left push & more heavy duty than factory.
Thought about this too... Have one on my diesel and its pretty decent
Old 03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronin2120
I've got the ATS and I am really happy with it. I don't have any push and having the ability to dial in your feedback is a nice touch. Its certainly tucked up high out of the way which is also a huge plus. Also install is a minor challenge due to the limited instructions you get with it. The pictures help out more then anything. Lastly I ended up cutting the old SS bracket off because I couldn't get it to open wide enough to slip it off. Other then that everything was pretty straight forward.
Looks good. I am looking forward to putting mine on. One thing I noticed is that the replacement bolt that comes with the kit seems to be 14mm like the factory bolt. I slid the fox bolt into into my TF monster TB and noticed the play since the TB plays nicer with a 9/16 bolt which i have with the NR 4x4 grade 8 bolts. No play with the 9/16 tb bolt. I am trying to figure out a work around; maybe a tb relocation bracket so I can use the 9/16 in my new tb. What did you think about the fit of the new fox bolt?

BTW, what did you do for adjustments firmness?

Oh yeah. The directions do suck, but pretty easy to figure out. Did you use a deep socket or wrench to mount the bolt to the bracket? I want to make sure I am able to get it screwed in tight enough. 125 ft lbs right?

Last edited by Jumpmaster; 03-01-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Biggy
I have no pull what so ever with the standard fox ss.
X2

I was told from the seller the instructions were changed to lower the psi ?
Done know if there is truth to this.

He put 15 psi in for me and I have no pull whatsoever.

What psi is common for folks that run this shock?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1399306956.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	428464  
Old 03-02-2013, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jumpmaster

Looks good. I am looking forward to putting mine on. One thing I noticed is that the replacement bolt that comes with the kit seems to be 14mm like the factory bolt. I slid the fox bolt into into my TF monster TB and noticed the play since the TB plays nicer with a 9/16 bolt which i have with the NR 4x4 grade 8 bolts. No play with the 9/16 tb bolt. I am trying to figure out a work around; maybe a tb relocation bracket so I can use the 9/16 in my new tb. What did you think about the fit of the new fox bolt?

BTW, what did you do for adjustments firmness?

Oh yeah. The directions do suck, but pretty easy to figure out. Did you use a deep socket or wrench to mount the bolt to the bracket? I want to make sure I am able to get it screwed in tight enough. 125 ft lbs right?
So the ATS mounts in with the TB bracket? Is the 9/16 bolt too big for the bushing sleeve on the stab?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10

X2

I was told from the seller the instructions were changed to lower the psi ?
Done know if there is truth to this.

He put 15 psi in for me and I have no pull whatsoever.

What psi is common for folks that run this shock?
Ken,

I've seen a similar psi on quite a few threads with schrader valved stabilizers.
Looks great under there! Where did you get it and how do you like it compared to others?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jayrubicon
So the ATS mounts in with the TB bracket? Is the 9/16 bolt too big for the bushing sleeve on the stab?
The fox bolt actually has 2 different sizes. The half that mounts thru the tb bracket and tb appears to be 14mm and the half that the ss bushing actually mounts to is slightly smaller.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jumpmaster

The fox bolt actually has 2 different sizes. The half that mounts thru the tb bracket and tb appears to be 14mm and the half that the ss bushing actually mounts to is slightly smaller.
I see.. Kinda limits your options on finding a 9/16 that would work for both
Old 03-02-2013, 11:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jayrubicon
Ken,

I've seen a similar psi on quite a few threads with schrader valved stabilizers.
Looks great under there! Where did you get it and how do you like it compared to others?
Thanks,
I bought it used. For some unknown reason my jeep is handling better without the Ss. Dunno ... I have some funky crap going with my steering.

Quick Reply: Fox stabilizer?