Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Frame

Old 12-21-2007, 04:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Frame

Hi Guys and Girls,

Just got Ruby (our jeep) back from the local dealer with the ESP/BAS lights still on and the steering wheel still 90 degrees off to the left. According to there guy that runs the alignment machiene the frame is bent causing the steering to be off. Could this really happen without jumping the jeep onto rocks not just skidding off of them?

Had a friend of mine that run his own Fab shop look at it and says there is no way it could be a bent frame but he called a buddy of his who works for a differant dealer that has better equiptment and a frame machine and is willing to take Ruby on for wednesday.

Any ideas?
Kat
Old 12-21-2007, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds Kinda Shady
Old 12-21-2007, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I dont know the whole story here, but if you took it to them with the wheel out 90 degrees and it still is and they say its the frame, that sounds like BS to me.

To adjust the steering wheel, you just loosen the sleeve on the linkage and turn it one way or the other and the wheel will move, so I find it hard to believe that the frame would prevent them from at least adjusting it somewhat. Take it to the other dealer.

Quick Reply: Frame