Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Frankenlift Help

Old 02-23-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frankenlift Help

Hey Jeep guys and gals,

So after much research, I've pretty much decided on most of my components that I'll be using on my Frankenlift. But I do require a few more answer. So please help.

The end goal, is 6.5" of lift on 37's, on my 2dr 6sp Rubi.

Here are the parts that I know I'll be using.
Teraflex 2.5" BB
Skyjacker 4" Coils
Teraflex Long Arm Upgrade Kit
JKS Adj Track Bar (Front & Back)
JKS Quicker Disconnects

I'll be running a Teraflex 2.5" BB with the JKS Track Bars while I save up for the other parts.

Here are what I need answered.
1 - I can't find a Rear Sway Bar Link that fits a 6" lift, do you know of one?
2 - I can't find a Mono Shock that fits a 6" lift, do you know of one?
3 - Gears? 5.13 or 5.38? I do a lot of highway driving threw the Rocky Mountains so what do you recommend? and I wanna try and keep the RPM's low.
4 - Do I need Track Bar Relocation Brackets, if I'm going to be using Adj Track Bars?
5 - It will probably take me a year to get all the parts together. Can I run the Budget Boost and drive it hard off-road on the stock drive shafts for an entire year? I don't want to replace the drive shafts until I install the 4" coils and Long Arms.

Thanks ahead of time for all the response that are coming.

LAHAL
Old 02-23-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LAHAL
Hey Jeep guys and gals,

So

Here are what I need answered.
1 - I can't find a Rear Sway Bar Link that fits a 6" lift, do you know of one?
2 - I can't find a Mono Shock that fits a 6" lift, do you know of one?
3 - Gears? 5.13 or 5.38? I do a lot of highway driving threw the Rocky Mountains so what do you recommend? and I wanna try and keep the RPM's low.
4 - Do I need Track Bar Relocation Brackets, if I'm going to be using Adj Track Bars?
5 - It will probably take me a year to get all the parts together. Can I run the Budget Boost and drive it hard off-road on the stock drive shafts for an entire year? I don't want to replace the drive shafts until I install the 4" coils and Long Arms.

Thanks ahead of time for all the response that are coming.

LAHAL
1 - if you're running a 6" lift, why do you need a sway bar? I ditched mine over a year ago and I can't tell the difference. I quit driving like an idiot when I sold my Z.
2 - dunno
3 - 5.38. You can't have too short a gear on 37's. However some question the strength of the teeth on a really short gear like that.
4 - You should be able to find an adj.TB that wil work. Otherwise, you are BEGGING to snap the factory tabs by using a relo bracket
5 - Yes, you can beat the living p!ss out of a BB. If you don't want to spend $200 on shocks, you can go wit a 2" and still w/ stock shocks. The stock shocks will limit the flex, but they'll work fine in the interim. There's even a few guys running 37's on a 2-2.5" BB with new fenders - looks pretty sweet too.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd still like to have the Rear Sway Bar Links installed. I don't want to cut corners.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

sorry - didn't mean to imply that I took both off. I'm running my rear, just not the front.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

But who makes a Rear Sway Bar Link that fits a 6" lift?, i see lots of 3" or 4" Rear links, but nothing that adj to 6".
Old 02-24-2009, 09:29 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

But who makes a Rear Sway Bar Link that fits a 6" lift?, i see lots of 3" or 4" Rear links, but nothing that adj to 6".
Off Road Evolution has some:
http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...?prod=EVO-1036

Old 02-24-2009, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

rock krawler has some big lifts, might check them
Old 02-25-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Planman

I have seen your setup on a few post. Very impressive. So you don't plan on going any higher? maybe add some 2.5" coil with that budget boost?

My thought with going with a 6" lift was that I had heard that 4" of lift just isn't enough to run 37's. So I went with the next popular size lift. But I would be just as happy with a 4.5" or 5" lift.

I could probably even stay in the short arm ban, and not have to invest in a long arm kit as that does get expensive.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fabbing up sway bar end links is extremely easy. So that should not be an issue.

And running a front sway bar on a coils prung vehicle is extremely important. All it takes is one emergency manuver without one and over you go. Especially if you are going to run that kind of lift.

I see your main problem being drive shaft angles. You can point the rear pinion up some without effecting pinion oiling. The front is going to need to have the knuckles rotated. Even then you are going to either need double carden shafts, or go with 1410's to get the operating range you are going to need.

I cant recall where I saw it, but there is a guy out there with 39.5's on a 2.5" lift. He did trim his fenders way up though. But if you went with xeons, 4" should be plenty for 37's. Keep your center of gravity low as you can. As a high center of gravity does nothing but bad things.

Quick Reply: Frankenlift Help