Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

got my 08 finally now what guys

Old 08-24-2007, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my 08 finally now what guys

ok i got my 08 2-door rubi yesterday, time for lift tires and bumpers.
ive searched alot to answer some of my lift questions but i cant find a good answer. ive been looking ft 3" and tera flex 2.5 and 3 lifts. im planing on 35s stock wheels and spider trax spacers for now bumpers im still un decieded on .
will i need new driveshafts , i want the best ride possible, this is my daily driver for now . it will be wheeled some on the weekends. ive been told some horror storys by a buddy that works at 4 wheel parts about the esp system going crazy after lifting if the caster is not like stock. any lift i should away from ?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Old 08-24-2007, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice Jeep, I like the yellow on the two door. The four door looks like a bus to me. good luck on your decisions on lift, tires, bumpers etc. there are a lot of choices and opinions on this site
Welcome
Old 08-24-2007, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

For lift go 3 inch if you really want 35s. Either FT or TF will be good options. If you want to correct your caster you will need new arms. That puts you into the ultimate kit from FT. The premium could be done but the arms are fixed length. You won't neccessarly need new driveshafts right away. You could adjust the arms to run the stock shaft until it goes bad. Shafts are pretty expensive. like $1500 for the set. I will run stock until it goes bad.
I don't like wheel spacers, but everyone has opinions.
The ESP should not be a problem as long as you recenter your steering wheel and or a good alignment. I have had mine on for about 4,000 miles and only had ESP come on maybe 3 or 4 times, and that was right in the beginning after the lift.
Be sure to consider new adjutable trac bars so you can get your axle centered. Stay away from relocation brackets as the put alot of stress on the mounts and have been breaking (skyjacker).

Good luck choosing!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool Lift tires

The 3 inch lift will be great for your JK. Looks like your living in a log cabin in the hills. Nice setup! JDJ
Old 08-24-2007, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man, that yellow looks tempting, if it was available when I ordered my Rescue Green, I would have agonized... welcome!!!

Oh, and I'd start with a bumper and a winch, especially if you live in the mountains. Bigger tires perk ambition and confidence when off-roading, if/when you get stuck, you'll wish you started with a winch first.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 08-24-2007, 10:02 PM
JK Newbie

Default Good luck

I had my graystone pearl rubicon jk lifted from the Dealer 3" tera flex i also put on 35" tires esp came on once so far, clock spring broke inside the steering box, and broke a drive shaft on a wash board road i have been searching the internet for other related problems and found an article from superlift and jp magazine all jk models have a fixed yoke and 3" is at maximum working limit you will definitly have to replace your drive shafts or at least the front one which is the one i broke. "BUT THANK THE LORD I had it lifted at the Jeep dealer completely covered under warrantee" I would wait awhile before you lift it its still to new of a product start with a winch or lights. and for any body that has a lifted jk i would suggest you get under your rig and check for grease splatter around the drive shaft and the transfer case. oh by the way i'm only at 3000 miles. I still love my jeep though.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:44 AM
-

you probably allready know this, but* that is a bitching beach jeep, plus u can do do crazy things with yellow..too bad summer's over tho :(, soft topns on everybody!

enjoy the last days of sunshine.. a month at the most?
Old 08-25-2007, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys yeah i live in gatlinburg tennesse a winch is a must here, i ordered a full traction 3 friday, still cant find a bumper. i might just fab me up if i can find the time
Old 08-25-2007, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

yes there is downtown i wave allways a good ole' jeep is all i have ever owned

Quick Reply: got my 08 finally now what guys