Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FT Ultimate VS. RE 3.5 Super Flex

Old 06-24-2007, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't own a JK yet, but as for long term dependibility both kits are very good. I've run both kits on different Jeeps, but I'd honestly say I like RE more. Their "Superflex" joints they use are the best, quiet and very very durable.

I have 50k miles on my 4.5" RE kit on my XJ and never had a single issue. I CAN'T say that about Rustys or SkyCrapper. I can say that about Full Traction, but I only had that lift for 5k miles....still like REs joints more.

I've owned many many Jeeps and the RE 3.5" is what I am getting, won't look at another kit. If I just had to go long arms I might look into Nth degree, but not on a JK.

my 2 cents

Last edited by ZachMan; 06-24-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red7
I'm debating the same two lifts as well but I've got a few months to decide since I just placed my order for my '08 Sahara unlimited yesterday (God I hope it's here by Christmas )!

What I'd like to know is what shocks paired with these lifts is going to give the better ride, the FT with M-Force, RE with their Bilstein monotubes or going with OME with either kit? I agree that the FT offers more but even adding the rear track bar to the RE it still comes out cheaper and I get the extra 1/2" which I like. However, if that 1/2" pushes me over the edge to having driveline problems down the road then I'd regret it so I'm going back forth on this decision.

I hope more people chime in on this one!

Search search search any Jeep board about shocks. Had the mall honestly

Bilstein 5100s and Old Man Emu get my vote. I run RE Monotubes right now and like them, but they are firm onroad.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

You guys are overlooking Teraflex. Upper and lower adjustable arms, heavy, heavy duty. I have put a couple of thousand miles on the Jeep in Baja on some hellacious rough stuff and it is still like new on the pavement. No rattles, smooth ride. No regrets! Best Jeep ever and I would definetely go Teraflex again.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Since this will be my first lift install I'm curious how much more difficult it is when installing things such as lower and upper control arms and track bars when they are adjustable? Maybe that's a dumb question but something that isn't adjustable (RE lower arms) just goes on and though it may not be perfect, it goes on where the designer designed it to go. Is it much harder getting everything "adjusted" when you've got so many things that adjustable? Do the FT ultimate directions explain how and in what order to adjust everything properly?

Also, is it true that the RE 3.5" lift causes the drivelines to rub against something (I think it was a bracket or something) when fully extended? Is that even an issue if I won't be do much heavy off roading? FT says there are no driveline mods needed.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZachMan
Search search search any Jeep board about shocks. Had the mall honestly

Bilstein 5100s and Old Man Emu get my vote. I run RE Monotubes right now and like them, but they are firm onroad.
Does OME make a shock that will fit either of these lift kits? From what I've researched, I haven't heard anyone say a bad thing about their shocks but a lot of people raved about them. I just wish they weren't bright yellow! Are they just painted so that I could spray over them or would the paint chip off really easy. If not, I'll have to go with another shock as that's just obnoxious.

Quick Reply: FT Ultimate VS. RE 3.5 Super Flex