Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

G2 Gears

Old 05-24-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 Gears

Has anyone used G2 gears and what do you think of them.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:32 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

ummm, they are the exact same gear that everyone uses, just in a box that says G2. don't believe me, just look at the side of one and you will see the circle K logo engraved into it - this is the logo for cha, the south korean manufacturer of it.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
you will see the circle K logo engraved into it - this is the logo for cha, the south korean manufacturer of it.
NO .... That means they are Kosher and Rabi rated

I have G2 5:13's and the funny thing is is that I was leery about the whole who makes this and that. Kinda had me a bit nutty and being I only knew richmond and precision gear from the past and they were not options for current day D44 axle housings.

Then I had read an industry lettr pertaining to steel. It just so happens that Korean and central European steel has a higher carbon content thus making it stronger and long for wear. Downside is ease of manufacture which drives cost up. (Good thing these are Korean eh lol)

American steel is a wee bit more Ductile and is better for precision maluability and can be made super strong through different methods like carborization, cryogenics, and other tempering techniques.

Then after reading here about their Korean status I didn't feelso bad and have heard nothing but good about em.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
do you put the gears in first before installing your 35s or after or both at same time ? this would mean you have to put lift on one day , with tiny wheels and then drive it to where your going to have gears done then install tires same day? seems kinda confusing witch to dop first ! i have a good set of 35s but i cant put them on my 2011 two door with 3.21 gearing and no lift ???
Im running 37's on 3.73's. Gears are an option, not a requirement (speaking from a six speed perspective). I have 4.88's from G2 in a box, and install kits but can't afford to have them installed yet.

Lifted with little tires is a common theme when people first build a rig. Unless they save up wads of cash or are loaded to start with.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local shop told me to stay away from G2. I wonder why.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been running my G2 5.13 gears for 3 months, no problems. My installer said they went in well.

Quick Reply: G2 Gears