Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gonna go for it. MoTech LS conversion.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cb4017
Update. My JK is at MoTech. Robbie says they need to finalize the wiring and do his test drive. Hopefully I will pick it up next week.

They've made a lot of improvements with their conversion in the last few months and have got their conversion to a bolt-in swap with no cutting or welding required.

Can't wait to get it back. I've been going through Jeep and desert withdrawals..
I have been very pleased with my 5.3 with 6L80e. MoTech does very good work and yes those kits have improved alot. I may upgrade my accessory drives to the new billet brackets.

I drive this poor jeep all the time like im in a police chase. Love the raw power its putting down. I had them turn off torque managment so it will give full power from dead stop.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Post some pictures of the engine and jeep!
Old 07-10-2017, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You dont have to weld on the motor mounts?
Old 07-10-2017, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kyle521
You dont have to weld on the motor mounts?
That is correct. I was surprised also. Here is a link to the pertinent video on his Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u9cY6dJqy0
The following users liked this post:
John82601 (11-03-2021)
Old 07-14-2017, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cb4017
That is correct. I was surprised also. Here is a link to the pertinent video on his Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u9cY6dJqy0
Just saw that, I'm waiting to see some pricing on this. You dont even have to pull the body to swap a 6.2L v8 anymore.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

MoTech posted this video of my JK conversion today. Kinda long and Robbie talks a lot about the technical details of the swap. I'm pretty stoked and can't wait to pick it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGnkX0tKZhM&t=176s

Last edited by cb4017; 07-15-2017 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah this looks pretty awesome hoping this is something I can make happen in the future.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Got it!

So last Friday I went to Las Vegas and picked up my JK from MoTech. I thought I would offer my first impressions. I had opted for the budget conversion which would get me an LMG engine, 6L80 transmission and not much else.

My JK was the first one using all of Robbie's EZ technology for the conversion. They did not even have to remove the body. I ended up with the billet accessory mounts which allowed mounting the Jeep accessories to the LS engine in the stock locations. I also got Motech's exhaust system. My Jeep was also the first manual transmission conversion with Robbie's new MoCan, which is the bridge between the GM and Chrysler computer.

Here are my first impressions. I love how it drives. My engine is rated at 320 HP. Plenty of power for passing or getting on a freeway. The engine loafs along less than 2,000 rpm at 70 mph with 3.73 gearing. It sounds great too.

It was very hot in Vegas. I have the stock radiator. It seems adequate but there is not much reserve cooling capacity for towing or other HD use. I will likely upgrade the radiator in the future and would suggest if you can afford the HD radiator go for it.

There seem to be a couple of programming issues with the MoCan which need addressed. The speedometer is accurate but the odometer/trip odometers are way off. The error varies. The cruise control also acts odd at times. Robbie believes these are related to the extra channel and programming needed to get the PRNDL working in my manual transmission dash. When it cools off a little I will take my Jeep back down to get these taken care of.

Overall I'm pleased. I got this turn-key conversion about as cheap as possible and it is great.

Here are a few pics. A lot more crowded in there.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What was the total cost out the door?
Old 07-24-2017, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKZinger
What was the total cost out the door?
My cost for the Budget Build was $14,999. This is also the base price listed on the website.
The following users liked this post:
Plumcrazy (09-26-2021)

Quick Reply: Gonna go for it. MoTech LS conversion.