Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Goodyear MT/R: 315 or 35?

Old 06-19-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Goodyear MT/R: 315 or 35?

I've searched on this subject and there wasn't a lot out there. Going to ditch my Duratrac's and go with the MT/R w Kevlar, 17".

There is a 315/70 version load D and a 35' version load C. The price is more for the 315 load D version.

What I've heard so far is that the load rated C tire is harder to balance. Anyone have any comments, advice or experience between these two?

Thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 06:23 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

all the mt/r's are hard to balance and if anything, i would think that the load range d would be harder. having said that, the load range d will have thicker sidewalls and offer more protection on the trail. the c's will give you a smoother ride.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I might add, C's will flex better than D's on rock surface when deflated.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
all the mt/r's are hard to balance and if anything, i would think that the load range d would be harder. having said that, the load range d will have thicker sidewalls and offer more protection on the trail. the c's will give you a smoother ride.
Thanks! good info.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CPC1
If I might add, C's will flex better than D's on rock surface when deflated.
Thanks! Yes, the flex I was sure of...but the balancing issue I was not. WOL says all MT/R's are tough to balance. I may stick with my first thought and go with C rated...and get them installed where I can buy a lifetime balance!!!!

Thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 35 mtr/k if you get the lifetime balance have them do it every 6k miles. My are a bitch to balance but I love them.

Quick Reply: Goodyear MT/R: 315 or 35?