Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Groaning from Front End

Old 11-04-2016, 07:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by AirJordan613
I have the previous generation synergy. I noticed they use a new axle side bushing now. My issue definitely axle side. I sprayed that end only with WD and it's silent again - for now. I ordered standard hardware from McMaster to replace the metric stock hardware and I contacted synergy about their new bushing.
I'm still a little confused. You keep referring to the axle side, but I think you really mean frame side. The axle side is still just a rod end, and it hasn't changed in their new design. The frame side they did upgrade from the old poly style bushing to their new DDM bushing, and it looks like a nice improvement. How long have you had that TB? That new bushing is only $20 from them and you can just press it in your existing TB. If you haven't had it for several years, you might just take a video of it while someone turns the wheel back and forth. I'd bet you're seeing excessive play in that bushing. They might send you one of the new bushings for free.....i might know from experience even though mine was out of warranty.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
I'm still a little confused. You keep referring to the axle side, but I think you really mean frame side. The axle side is still just a rod end, and it hasn't changed in their new design. The frame side they did upgrade from the old poly style bushing to their new DDM bushing, and it looks like a nice improvement. How long have you had that TB? That new bushing is only $20 from them and you can just press it in your existing TB. If you haven't had it for several years, you might just take a video of it while someone turns the wheel back and forth. I'd bet you're seeing excessive play in that bushing. They might send you one of the new bushings for free.....i might know from experience even though mine was out of warranty.
Axle side:
SYNERGY MANUFACTURING*::*Replacement Parts*::*Synergy Dual Durometer Bushings (DDB) in Forged Housings

Frame side:
SYNERGY MANUFACTURING*::*Replacement Parts*::*Synergy Dual Durometer Bushing (DDB) Series

Spoke with synergy today. Both are updated parts. They recommended replacing both. I've had it for about two years. The frame side needs to be pressed out. The axle side has a forged housing that'll just thread in. That's the end that I really need. If you look at their stock images on their site, the old heim style has been replaced by the new durometer bushing. They did the same at the frame end. New one is maintenance free unlike the my old style which is greasable. My frame side currently isn't symptomatic but I may just do it as preventative maintenance while the bar is off.

Last edited by AirJordan613; 11-04-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Axle side:
SYNERGY MANUFACTURING*::*Replacement Parts*::*Synergy Dual Durometer Bushings (DDB) in Forged Housings

Frame side:
SYNERGY MANUFACTURING*::*Replacement Parts*::*Synergy Dual Durometer Bushing (DDB) Series

Spoke with synergy today. Both are updated parts. They recommended replacing both. I've had it for about two years. The frame side needs to be pressed out. The axle side has a forged housing that'll just thread in. That's the end that I really need. If you look at their stock images on their site, the old heim style has been replaced by the new durometer bushing. They did the same at the frame end. New one is maintenance free unlike the my old style which is greasable. My frame side currently isn't symptomatic but I may just do it as preventative maintenance while the bar is off.
Oh wow, they made another change to it. The last time I looked at that a few months ago, they were still using a rod end on the axle side. The main problem was always the frame side mount, but they've obviously updated the axle side too. Interesting. Well, slap the new end in there and the new bushing on the frame side and be sure to torque those bolts down good! You've already ordered that new frame side bolt, but take a close look at the bracket (both front and rear side) and make sure the hole hasn't started to wallow out any. Good luck.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

New Track Bar:
Synergy Manufacturing - Detail Image Viewer

Old Track Bar:

Old Frame Bushing:

New Frame Bushing:

Old Axle Bushing:

New Axle Bushing:
Old 11-04-2016, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by resharp001
Oh wow, they made another change to it. The last time I looked at that a few months ago, they were still using a rod end on the axle side. The main problem was always the frame side mount, but they've obviously updated the axle side too. Interesting. Well, slap the new end in there and the new bushing on the frame side and be sure to torque those bolts down good! You've already ordered that new frame side bolt, but take a close look at the bracket (both front and rear side) and make sure the hole hasn't started to wallow out any. Good luck.
Hopefully the bracket is fine. Since I'm running the AEV lift it has a relocation bracket so at worst, I can replace the bracket. But it's only about two years old so that shouldn't be wallowed. Only think I'm worried about is having the right size cups to to press the bushing. All I have is a manual ball joint press.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Thanks for sharing the information. When I replaced my front TB I was debating between getting the Synergy TB or the Teraflex TB. I ended up going with the Teraflex due to the "maintenance free" OEM style joints used. I'm not good at crawling under my JK to lube stuff up on a regular basis. Now that Synergy has a maintenance free joint design, I'll reconsider their TB in the future if needed.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Thanks for sharing the information. When I replaced my front TB I was debating between getting the Synergy TB or the Teraflex TB. I ended up going with the Teraflex due to the "maintenance free" OEM style joints used. I'm not good at crawling under my JK to lube stuff up on a regular basis. Now that Synergy has a maintenance free joint design, I'll reconsider their TB in the future if needed.
My pleasure. Honestly if I were to do it over again I would buy the Teraflex. The "double adjuster" on the Synergy looks pretty but functionally I find it terrible. It's circular so it's damn near impossible to grip. It's indented and their recommendation is to insert a punch and grip the indents. After switching from lift #1 to #2, I replaced my first synergy track bar because I couldn't adjust it. For some reason I stuck with the synergy for the replacement. I liked the idea of keeping my variety of brands low and I have their tie rod, drag link, track bar and ball joints on my AEV 3.5. Up here in Ohio with all our road salt and snow, the adjuster became effectively frozen and I can't get a big tool on it to turn it due to the shape. A friend of mine has the teraflex which has an adjustment sleeve similar to the factory design which I think is functionally superior. I considered just replacing this track bar with the teraflex but couldn't justify the cost - I don't need to adjust the length anymore and I'll match the current length when I thread in the new forged end. $80 shipped for two new bushings or closer to $250 for the Teraflex.

Last edited by AirJordan613; 11-05-2016 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Check your control arms. I'm guessing they need to be tightened up a bit.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk
Check your control arms. I'm guessing they need to be tightened up a bit.
Appreciate your insight, however, if you read the thread it was already determined to be the track-bar. Thank you though.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

$80 shipped for two new bushings or closer to $250 for the Teraflex.
Not that it's that much of a difference but Morris 4x4 usually has $30off promotions on a regular basis. I didn't like the price of the TF either, so the $30off I got from Morris 4x4 made it less painful.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...tantly-337870/

Last edited by Rednroll; 11-05-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Groaning from Front End