Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Groaning from Front End

Old 11-05-2016, 12:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Not that it's that much of a difference but Morris 4x4 usually has $30off promotions on a regular basis. I didn't like the price of the TF either, so the $30off I got from Morris 4x4 made it less painful. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...tantly-337870/
Funny you mention Morris. I initially ordered them from Morris but they weren't stocked and they had no idea what the timetable would be. They wouldn't drop ship so whatever time it would take to get from synergy, stock, pack and ship to me. I wasn't willing to wait that long so I ordered direct.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by resharp001
Oh wow, they made another change to it. The last time I looked at that a few months ago, they were still using a rod end on the axle side. The main problem was always the frame side mount, but they've obviously updated the axle side too. Interesting. Well, slap the new end in there and the new bushing on the frame side and be sure to torque those bolts down good! You've already ordered that new frame side bolt, but take a close look at the bracket (both front and rear side) and make sure the hole hasn't started to wallow out any. Good luck.
I was just on synergy's site. I noticed that all images containing the old design are now gone! The links I posted no longer route to the old components either.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by AirJordan613
I was just on synergy's site. I noticed that all images containing the old design are now gone! The links I posted no longer route to the old components either.
Did you get those new joints in? Although it's frustrating for consumers, it is nice to see these companies continue to try and improve their products. I wasn't surprised to see them go with the new DDM bushing in the frame side, but when you highlighted the new rod end bushing I thought that was pretty interesting. Seems like a lot of people, myself included, have complained about that cheap heim joint on the axle side for a long time. I'd bet you're a lot happier with the updated version.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by resharp001
Did you get those new joints in? Although it's frustrating for consumers, it is nice to see these companies continue to try and improve their products. I wasn't surprised to see them go with the new DDM bushing in the frame side, but when you highlighted the new rod end bushing I thought that was pretty interesting. Seems like a lot of people, myself included, have complained about that cheap heim joint on the axle side for a long time. I'd bet you're a lot happier with the updated version.
Not yet. I likely will next week. I'm a little nervous to swap the frame side. Needs to be pressed in and I would be doing it with a ball joint press. I may leave that one for now since it hasn't failed yet. Will definitely do the axle side
Old 12-23-2016, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Finally got it fixed. The new bushing had a longer rod than old. With all the corrosion, no amount of pb blaster was going to get the new rod to engage more threads of the track bar than the old bushing did. If the rod were the same length it would have gone on. Eventually, I broke a metal brush inside of the track bar and called it quits on the synergy. Picked up a teraflex monster and she's all fixed up. The adjuster sleeve on the synergy is literally the worst. Impossible to grip. It's fine if you intend to set it new and never need to adjust it again. Any amount of corrosion and forget it. You can actually get a wrench on the teraflex adjuster sleeve, it's the same design as the factory drag link adjuster sleeve. I also wouldn't get anything with a heim joint ever again. Ohio winters are not friendly to them. Teraflex for fit the bill.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Very thankful I was able to pick it up (somewhat) locally today. Otherwise it would have been garaged for the holiday weekend. Shout out to the Columbiana 4WD hardware.

Quick Reply: Groaning from Front End