Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hankook Dynapro MT tires

Old 08-09-2013, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hankook Dynapro MT tires

I have a 1997 TJ that will need tires soon. I was looking at the Hankook MT tires, but would like some real world reviews from jeep people. Also if you have an alternative tire on the cheaper side let me know. This is a second jeep so it dont see a lot of mile, but I live around a lot of mud and AT tires don't cut it. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

We recommend the Fierce Attitude M/T by Duplon. You can get 35x12.5R17 for a Little more than $200.

Fierce Tires | Attitude M/T

http://www.fiercetires.com/img/tires...t-features.png

Hope that helps.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Ive ran 2 sets on my jk and jku. LOVE THEM! Quiet on the road, ride considerably smooth, and does well offroad. I have the 10 ply I think. Very durable, but you will have to run lower psi because of the stiff sidewalls or centers will wear quicker.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my buddy runs the Dynapro's in 37x12.50x17 and he has been very happy with them. They work great in the mud we get around here as well as they performed awesome in the Slick Rock in Moab!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ran them in the RAM I traded in. They were a very good tire and the wear was sloooow and even. Hardly any road noise.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Try to get the Hankook Dynapro MT RT03 in load range "D" and they're fabulous-

After four years--super tire

JIMBO
Old 08-09-2013, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the hankook MTs currently. Great in the mud and rocks. Wear evenly with 5 tire rotation and have at least 15000 miles on them with minimal wear.
New I think they're 19/32 and I have 14/32 left on them. And I used them this past winter as well. Siped and grooved them for a bit of extra traction on slick roads. I find them a bit noisy but I can only compare them to the stock BFGs that came on my 1st Rubi. They won the 4wheeler tire shoot out a couple years back.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had 2 sets on my jk. 33's and now 35's. The only reason I've had 2 sets is because I upgraded. Awesome tires. Wear very slowly, pretty quiet, and not terrible in the rain. If you live in a snowy area there are better options. But I'm not complaining about them too bad because with a snowstorm of 27" last year I still moved pretty good.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

We've run comparison tests with Hankook RT03 M/Ts vs. Toyo & BFG M/Ts. We ran 15 different tests. While all 3 tires are very good, the BFGs were better in sand, but the Hankook's were better on all other tests. They were much better on road and quieter. The Hankook's side walls are a little softer, so for the same level of compliance, they can run a little higher tire pressure, reducing the chance of unseating the tire bead.
I've the RT03 on 5 different rigs with great results.
You can't go wrong with the Toyo or BFG, but the Hankook is great. A couple of years ago, Four Wheeler Magazine did a 12 tire compare test and the RT03 came out on top.

Quick Reply: Hankook Dynapro MT tires