Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hankook RT03 MT

Old 06-09-2008, 09:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kntr
Did you rotate them often? Which tires are wearing badly... the front? Did you get your Jeep aligned after it was lifted? A lot of times when tires wear badly its the owners fault.
Yes, all and Yes, These started giving me a hard time at 3000mi I tried to return them but the dealer just rebalanced them and realinged. It just got progressively worse. They were bad out of the gate.
PS I have the life time alignment warrantee from Firestone. I check them after every hard wheeling trip. I will not buy these tires again nor would I recommend anyone to buy them. You get what you pay for. There are three components Price, Service and Quality. Since you pay less you get less of the other two. These also have an E load rating and you have to roll around with low pressure to get just an ok ride. Then there goes the gas mileage. They are loud, I mean it. I may get rid of these sooner. I bought mine from the dealer with these on it. I feel compelled to get my money’s worth.

Now do you really want to know how I feel about these tires!!!!!!!!! LOL

Last edited by Lensman; 06-09-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love mine. I think they are wearing fine and they aren't very noisy. I have a hard time believing a tire that will perform this well off road could be much quieter. Off road tires are noisier than an AT. Fact of life.

Ty
Old 06-10-2008, 05:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TSmith0820
I love mine. I think they are wearing fine and they aren't very noisy. I have a hard time believing a tire that will perform this well off road could be much quieter. Off road tires are noisier than an AT. Fact of life.

Ty
Well I guess you either absolutely love these tires or absolutely hate these tires! I'm pretty indecisive about which tire to buy, but the price of these compared to others is very attractive. Thinking this tire or the Cooper STT
Old 06-10-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by husker_shoe
Well I guess you either absolutely love these tires or absolutely hate these tires! I'm pretty indecisive about which tire to buy, but the price of these compared to others is very attractive. Thinking this tire or the Cooper STT
I think the Cooper would be a superior tire, but it will cost more as well. The Cooper and the Pro-Comp Extreme MT appear to be essentially the same tire with a different tread pattern.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have these in a 35 on my chevy... and in a 33 on my JK. Love them so much, I'm goin' with them again in a 35 for my JK soon.

They wear great even with my wife driving her lifted and chipped chevy Z71. I think I should easily get another 2 seasons easy on hers... and mine still have the rubber stubbies, even after 10K.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

i like these tires! @ $150/pc a good deal too!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:00 PM
JK Junkie

at 150 how could you go wrong..... you couldnt help but like them no matter what..... even if they only lasted 5000 miles.... cheap...
Old 06-10-2008, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

How about inexpensive... instead of cheap!

Quick Reply: Hankook RT03 MT